Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trips

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HpNoTiQ, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Well according to ReformMaryJaneLaws, all questions and real life stories must be posted in Apprentice Tokers. So I guess this is kind of both of those, so I will post here.

I have been inhaling marijuana, lol Clinton :rolleyes:, for give or take 3 years. When I started my highs were trippy as fuck. I'd see everything cartoony, I'd close my eyes and see kaleidoscope kinda shit, I loved it. And to this day I'm still seeing everything like cartoons, I don't know why but it's great. Everytime I'm in a car not driving I look out the window, zone out and feel like I'm in SUper Mario Bros. The trees look like the game and it's just trippy.

So I was just wondering what fellow blades' trips are like.:smoking:

Oh and in other news, I got smoked up by my boss' landlord guy last night during work, and he even gave me like a gram and a half to take home for free. I don't like to mooch, but it's some killer shit.:D

2. I've seen cartoony shit before but i dont get it all of the time. Some strains are trippier than others. Usually I associate my trippy highs with a lot of distortion of depth perception and snlowing down of time. Everyday objects are always taking on the shapes of things but its not really cartoony, just confusing. I always think i see people standing off in the distance but then it just turns out be like a mailbox or a bush or someting.

3. cartoony images and tripping on weed is very slight. ur statements have to be overexaggerated, or u have some of the best stuff money can buy.

ive never had a full-on psychedelic experience purely from marijuana.

4. It's not so much that everything is cartoony, everything just resembles cartoons if that makes sense. And I doubt I've been smoking the greatest shit all the time.:smoking:

5. #5 temperamental69, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2008
    Yeah, Marijuana doesn't cause visual hallucinations on that sort of level. You're talking shroomville there, not Marijuana. There is no Marijuana, that is straight Marijuana, in this world, that will cause a visual hallucination of that extreme. Things "sort of look different and cartoonish" as you said, is a completely different thing than an all-out cartoony hallucination. I know exactly what you mean, and it's incredibly hard to describe, in fact I would have probably described it the exact same way you did ;)

The visual hallucination you experience is more a mind thing, a feeling I guess.. For example, one time I was hotboxing my friends car, and it was some of the most incredible stuff I've ever smoked.. I'm talking I will never smoke anything like this shit in my entire life, ever again. This was like chemo weed or something I swear...

We smoked up in his car, and about 10 minutes into the smoke, my second rotation (there were 5 people in the car 3 draw pass as usual) and suddenly, I looked up at the dashboard (I was in the passenger seat) and the smoke that was around the car, started to look as if it was swirling towards my face, then suddenly it looked as if the car got smaller and the smoke was essentially moving towards me, like a claustrophobic feeling. If I were a newbie smoker, I would have tripped out hardcore and thought I was visually hallucinating.. However since this was roughly into my 4th year of smoking, I was experienced enough to know it wasn't even happening. I started to trip, of course, as is the normal reaction, but I closed my eyes and took some deep breaths, and opened them. When I did, everything was back to normal. It was beacuse I knew it was just the weed acting on my mind in overdrive that caused me to "feel" as if this was happening, when it really wasn't.

When you're on shrooms, and you start hallucinating things.. If you close your eyes and open them whatever you're hallucinating is still going to be there, or will have manifested into something different, or while your eyes are closed there will be some other hallucination, the point being the hallucination doesn't completely go away. With weed, all you have to do is remind yourself, and your mind, that it's just weed and there's nothing happening, and boom it's gone. This is not a total hallucination but rather a minor one, which Marijuana can cause. Anything beyond that, and I would have to say you aren't smoking straight weed.

Marijuana however, can cause FULL auditory hallucinations. I remember when I FIRST started smoking, I could hear birds chirping sometimes far off, when it was the dead of winter and we were inside a vehicle hotboxing it.... ;) I have heard of some people smoking weed and going deaf for a short period, as one of the effects, but I have only encountered 1 person in my entire lifetime that has said that, so I am not sure if I would believe it.

I know what you mean though, it's weird. I especially notice it when I look at trees, bushes, grass, or any kind of vegetative thing in the environment. Cars sometimes driving by have the effect, and so does the sky sometimes to me.