Trippy movies?

Discussion in 'General' started by maestroelite, Jul 1, 2007.

1. I finally got 5 hits of acid today and I'm going to take one or two tonight. What are some of your favorite movies to watch while tripping? I've got a good collection of music dvds and music in general but not a lot of regular movies.

2. Not sure if it qualifies as a movie, but Pink Floyd's The Wall has some trippy visuals.

Monty Python's Life of Brian has some nice scenes, if you want to watch a proper movie.

3. Pans Labyrinth will trip you the fuck out

4. Yeah, I've got all the Floyd, Zeppelin, Hendrix DVDs... some jazz/funk too.

5. Mmm

Fear and loathing in las vegas

6. A Scanner darkly...

Guaranteed to make you trip the fuck out...

7. A clockwork orange. The author was on acid when he made it. Then another guy on acid made the book into a movie.

8. Yellow Submarine. Some of the above movies are kind of dark and wouldn't be something I would watch on a trip. Yellow Submarine features awesome music, colorful animation, trippy plot, and its just a light movie overall.

9. Eraserhead, Matrix Reloaded, The Holy Mountain, El Topo, The Animatrix, Akira, old cartoons from when they were first being made, anything by Charlie Chaplin or Buster Keaton, I Heart Huckabee's, Enter The Dragon, Mulholland Drive

and like someone said, A Scanner Darkly, very cool drug movie. The ones listed above are meant for trippin' or are light-hearted

also, Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.. if you're gonna be on acid this won't bore you that much (assuming you're American) and might even be deep?

10. Can you support this? I've never heard that once and seriously doubt someone would write a whole book tripping as well as someone else direct it that way.

I'll second I heart Huckabee's as it's one of my favorite movies. No ones mentioned Donnie Darko but that movies worn on me lately. Try Edward Scissorhands, Genisis

11. SPUN, ftw.

12. The matrix'es

awesome sober, high, and trippin:)

13. The original Mad Max, from the 80's. :D

14. I took 2 hits tonight. Pretty out of it. I think I'm going to go listen to some music.

15. Quoted for truth.

16. Anthony Burgess'es wife who was pregnant was beaten by a gang causing her to miscarriage. He took that event and wrote clockwork orange because of that. No LSD was involved whatsoever. And Stanley Kubrick definitely wasnt on acid when he directed clockwork.

Otherwise, Thats one of the greatest films of all time.

[​IMG]