Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tripping off weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MoonSpirit, Oct 31, 2013.

1. #1 MoonSpirit, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
    Hey all. So I'm a frequent toker and I have used psychedelics for spiritual and medicinal purposes (not for fun). I always see these posts with people saying they freaked out on weed or went to a hospital and I was always like LOL until I actually had that type of experience last night. 

A guy friend I bought from offered to smoke me out, but I said no because I was tired. While he was on his way, he again offered but this time a joint, so I said I'd chill for a bit then go. Well he and his other friend whom I also know all toked up this joint. I guess I didn't notice how much I kept hitting it, but we were trying out this new weed. I guess after 6 hits, I start feeling really blazed. So far so good. After about 10 hits, I realize I'm really high so I stop. Like I'm so high, I can't even hold a conversation because I'm stumbling over my words and forgetting everything. But then I start feeling really strange, but I couldn't pinpoint it. I told him I was gonna go, so as I walked back to my house, it was REALLY hard to walk. I felt my body moving but it was like I was on automatic because I was really confused and I felt like I was hallucinating. 

So I get in my room and lay down, and my body feels WEIRD. Like, I actually started considering that maybe this joint was laced with a 3 letter unmentionable or something, but I knew that was bullshit lol. But I was TRIPPING OUT. Like, I felt like I was on fucking salvia. My body was shaking like I was freezing, and I tried but I couldn't stop. I was on the verge of panic and screaming for help, but I kept calm until I fell asleep. 

But I hallucinated a lot. Everytime I closed my eyes, I saw colorful geometric patterns and (like on Salvia) objects around me changed into another worldly thing, and they were entities talking to me. Like, I don't know if this is some really strong weed because weed CAN be a psychedelic, but to actually TRIP OUT like I was.....I don't know man. That was really intense....

• Like Like x 1
  2. This is why I stay away from hallucinogenics...... 

3. Weed is known to have closed-eye visuals when you're extremely baked, which seems like that's what happened. I've had some extreme closed-eye visuals just from a few puffs, it's really cool.

Definitely not laced though nobody laces drugs it's not cost effective.

4. I've experienced this before, I feel like the psychedelia from cannabis is very dirty and disorganized. More comparable to an anxiety attack.

When compared to the 3 letter unmentionable you mentioned, it is completely different. It is a much cleaner psychedelic, with open eye visuals, and I felt less anxious than I did from cannabis.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 MoonSpirit, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
    Yeah I doubt it was laced because my friend wouldn't do that to me. But to trip like that was crazy. I think it might've been a hybrid strain though, like both Indica and Sativa because it had both effects. 

But everytime i closed my eyes i saw patterns flying really fast by me and with my eyes open, my definition of things how I knew them wasnt the same. A lamp wasnt a lamp. It was a talking magical elf leading me into a black, scary void.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Their are strong varieties of weed that if you have a low tolerance will trip you out. I made some medicated brownies once and ate to many i i started tripping. Although the joint could have been laced with DMT or angel dust but would most likley have been put their when the joint was being rolled.. lsd, shrooms,peyote, stuff like that cant be smoked tho. I usually if smoking a joint that i didnt see get rolled, would take only a few hits because iv heard storys of people getting "poisoned" by angel dust. But anyways you probably just have low tolerance and the joint was some good a or was keifed.

I always thought my tolerance was pretty high because I smoke everyday, or I've just been smoking some shitty stuff. Or this stuff is just reallyyyy fire lol. I'll have to be careful with it and only smoke a small amount because I don't wanna trip out at this party tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Weed is a strong psychedelic, especially if you let it be.

Also I've experienced this a few times, just stay calm.
    And I don't really think it's been laced with something, you probably smoked too much of some fire.

Just take it easy on the hits next time, I know it's hard sometimes :bongin:

• Like Like x 1
  9. is it weird that it happens with my eyes open? In the dark atleast but it's just like what I see when I close my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well if you're in the dark it's basically the same thing.

Drugs are bad, mkay?

11. Yeah I get it in the dark too but I have to zone out like I would do when watching CEVs otherwise all I get is intense visual snow (intensifies when baked vs sober)...rather annoying.

Tripping on weed is rather strange in comparison tbh. Like someone else said, it's disorganized...it CAN be beautiful in it's disorganization and I've come up with some seriously interesting concepts that way. I've also found that you can sort of reconnect to other states much easier than being sober. So if you are trying to forget an experience...maybe not smoke out too much. Or if you wanna reconnect do the opposite lol. Usually only happens for a short period of time afterward though.

The shivers hot/cold flashes I only get with full sativas...and normally that's all that makes me tripped out but if I have no tolerance I get it with anything lol.

My CEVs were just kind of dark...not dark demonic...just lacking color. Still interesting but no more interesting than hypnogogic after a while. And they never really varied it up enough... very similar even after so many times. Is somewhat interesting to zone out and watch listening to music when nothing much is going on.

But then again...when I'm at the OEV slight distortion stage...nah I just get anxiety and it sucks. Manageable but one of the few times I don't like to drive high.

Did see a few dancing pot leafs out of nowhere...that was pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
  12. [quote name="MoonSpirit" post="18913598" timestamp="1383252309"]Hey all. So I'm a frequent toker and I have used psychedelics for spiritual and medicinal purposes (not for fun). I always see these posts with people saying they freaked out on weed or went to a hospital and I was always like LOL until I actually had that type of experience last night.

Years ago I would trip out after hitting a bong 4 + times

A guy friend I bought from offered to smoke me out, but I said no because I was tired. While he was on his way, he again offered but this time a joint, so I said I'd chill for a bit then go. Well he and his other friend whom I also know all toked up this joint. I guess I didn't notice how much I kept hitting it, but we were trying out this new weed. I guess after 6 hits, I start feeling really blazed. So far so good. After about 10 hits, I realize I'm really high so I stop. Like I'm so high, I can't even hold a conversation because I'm stumbling over my words and forgetting everything. But then I start feeling really strange, but I couldn't pinpoint it. I told him I was gonna go, so as I walked back to my house, it was REALLY hard to walk. I felt my body moving but it was like I was on automatic because I was really confused and I felt like I was hallucinating.

So I get in my room and lay down, and my body feels WEIRD. Like, I actually started considering that maybe this joint was laced with a 3 letter unmentionable or something, but I knew that was bullshit lol. But I was TRIPPING OUT. Like, I felt like I was on fucking salvia. My body was shaking like I was freezing, and I tried but I couldn't stop. I was on the verge of panic and screaming for help, but I kept calm until I fell asleep.

But I hallucinated a lot. Everytime I closed my eyes, I saw colorful geometric patterns and (like on Salvia) objects around me changed into another worldly thing, and they were entities talking to me. Like, I don't know if this is some really strong weed because weed CAN be a psychedelic, but to actually TRIP OUT like I was.....I don't know man. That was really intense....[/quot

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I've never tripped from bud, i must be doing it wrong :p

14. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to lace weed with LSD, because LSD burns up at those temperatures. 

On the subject though, yeah, definitely. I went through like a 1.5 month dry period, and then went down to my cousin's house (We're really good friends). His entire mom's side of the family doesn't give a shit about weed, hell we actually planned to smoke with his aunt. We went camping, but there was a tornado or some shit so we went back to his house for the rest of the week. The entire time consisted of my low-tolerance ass getting smoked out by him and a shitload of his friends. We'd get back to his house at night after smoking the entire day, and I'd be so fucking baked I actually would go from loving it to hating it. Crazy body highs, super weird head rushes, and those close-eyed visuals someone above was talking about. 

I know my younger brother was tripping out in a really bad way when he chugged a Monster BFC before I smoked him out for his first time xD I have a crazy caffeine tolerance so I don't notice it, but apparently caffeine really affects you while you're baked.

• Like Like x 1
    Weed intensifies anything it's taken with. Sober, we drink coffee and energy drinks and we don't feel the caffeine high, but when you smoke while drinking coffee, it's the perfect amount of caffeine and it's a pleasurable mix. Same thing for tea.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oh yes. Just posted a thread about this. Very good weed uncovers the psycedelic side of the plant. I had smoked for almost half a year before I encountered "very good weed" and at that point I still wasn't smoking much, more of a weekend toker. When I smoked that good stuff, I let it take my brain over. I know that sounds sorta "cray" but someone previously said that weed has a psycedelic side if you let it. In that way, I think they meant the same thing. If you just chill, you will trip. If you stare at something, and you're actually real high, you will trip. I have CEVs everytime I smoke. Keep your tolerance low and you will have amazing smoke seshes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #17 As Above So Below, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2013
    you dont trip on weed, although it might seem like that at first. try some dmt,mushies,etc, that's a TRIP.

You're just high as fuck.

• Like Like x 2
  18. I too have had closed eye hallucinations of geometric patterns like a kaleidoscope. That weed was probably high in thc. Probably a sativa or sativa dominant. If you didnt feel couchlocked but still paranoid it was probably just a trippy head high sativa strain. It has happened to me too many times to count.

Dude I've done other stuff. I KNOW what a trip is. That's why I was like WTF because you can trip hard. Weed IS a psychedelic, but only at high amounts or at a certain potency. Eat a brownie or two. Then you'll see!

20. #20 MoonSpirit, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2013

I think it's a hybrid, but at first it starts out Sativa-y, then as you keep smoking, a very strong body high rolls in and you feel like you're floating. It tastes like oranges too...well it is called Tangerine Dream lol

• Like Like x 1