Trip to Amsterdam

Discussion in 'General' started by blinds, Feb 11, 2010.

1. So me and five other friends are trying to go to Amsterdam for a week this summer. Trying to find a price range and some suggestions on hotels and places to go. How much money should we expect to spend for a week in Amsterdam? Trying to smoke every day, drink a decent amount, try some shrooms and probably a prostitute or two. Other then that, the only cost should be food and drink. How much money should we bring for that?

As far as the flight/hotel, found some deals on sites like travelocity for ~$1300, although didn't really look into which hotels. Trying to find a place within walking distance of the Red Light District and any coffee/smart shops. Not looking for a five star hotel, but not looking for a hostel either. Trying to find some place in between. Any suggestions?

Basically trying to find out how much money a week in Amsterdam is going to cost, and any suggestions anyone has as far as hotels, places to go, etc.

Thanks

2. my week in amsterdam cost me between 4-5g including flight and hotel...this was in sept. though and i got a great deal on the flight.

whatever you think you are gonna spend double it...trust me man when you get there the money starts falling out of your wallet

Also I don't know if you wanna stay right by the red light district...maybe also look at leidsplein(great nightlife, less shady)

As far as things to see you have to go to Basjoe's and see James's dreadlocks...trust me it is more breathtaking than any painting

3. Heh, yeah, was expecting it to cost a lot of money. Was most of that money flight/hotel or just spending money? Only gonna have maybe 3 months to make enough money to go, and on probably minimum wage jobs, not sure if it'll be enough.