Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trip Report (sort of) - Denver

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Grinder12000, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Just got back from Denver and here are a few things if interested - tax for NON-State people works out to be about 21%. Now that might seem like a LOT but the final price was just about what you pay for in other non-legal states. Maybe a few bucks more for top shelf. Blue Dream worked out to be $120 for 1/4 which was the most expensive while Alien Inferno was $60 for a 1/4 and it KICKS ASS! Everything is buds for smoking. No shake.

All the places we visited were very friendly and MOST needed cash but they had ATMs and one place took cards. The laws went from 1/4oz per person to 1 OZ per person a day "per shop" while we were there. A few weeks ago 7 shops were robbed or attempted to be robbed at night.

The smell of "green" is everywhere wafting around. Nobody smokes outside that I saw but there were always trickles or green floating around.

You need a photo ID at every place so have it handy. Also - if you have anything with GPS better take it as the shops are all over the place.

The tax money goes to schools and law and roads and so forth but they are making SO MUCH that schools are turning down money because of some weird law that is now being looked into.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thanks for the report, mate. I'm trying to decide if I want to make the trip myself.

3. There was a thread with a guy asking if there REALLY was any difference in strains.
    For me it was like Vodka. When you drink one kind and then a month later drink a different kind - it all sort of tastes the same. But side to side there is a difference.

With cannabis a buzz is a buzz unless you try one strain one day and another the next and another the next - all of a sudden there are subtle differences you would not notice.

They all smell basically the same (to me) but look different.

4. Im planning on going next year with my buddies on a road trip in the summer. Should be fun. Im still not sure what city were going to but ik that a good and fun city is boulder so we might just go there. Thanks for the report. It helped me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I'm glad it sounds like you had a great time in our awesome state!

For the other person that mentioned coming Denver and Boulder are definitely the best areas to buy cannabis. However don't be afraid to stock up in the city then explore the smaller mountain towns as well. In my opinion they are some of the best secrets in Colorado.

• Like Like x 1
  6. also - have a clue what you are looking for - go to leafly and do some research - otherwise you are a fish out of water when trying to decide which of the 30 different strains. I even made a spreadsheet. I knew exactly what I wanted and where to find it. Durban Poison was a tough one but one place had it.

And from experience NOW - the strains ARE different.

7. Yea, once you have a ton to chose from and smoke at the same time you can notice a huge difference in some strains. A great indica is extremely different from a great sativa and with time you find even more subtle differences that make you gravitate to certain strains.

Research is great but it's good to go in with an open mind as well. Most of the time I pay more attention to the indica/sativa percentages than I do strain names.

8. There is a big definite difference if you get a pure sativa and an indica.

9. The rarity of finding a pure Indica or sativa is almost gone these days. Most everything is a hybrid. Even strains listed as either Indica or sativa are most generally hybrids if you look through their lineage

10. All I was saying was don't go into a shop and say "What's good, give me the best". Know what you are looking for, a daytime talkative strain?, one to put you down and stair at Murder She Wrote for 3 hours . . and enjoy it?

11. L'eagle Eagle from L'eagle Eagle - I posted this on leafly (has not shown up yet)

This strain has a sativa kick that makes the world brighter. We had some work to do and this strain really focused us as we pulled weeds for an hour with euphoric vigor that lasted a while.

The taste as you exhale is sweet from the Candy Haze and hits you like a feather pillow to the unsuspecting face and this is after comparing it to 8 other top shelf strains. This will be a go to strain for day time and I will have to mix it with Durban Poison NOT to make it better but to just see what the hell happens to my brain.

If you get to L’eagle Eagle the store you MUST pick this up as they they have something different among all of the other strains that are pretty close to each other in goodness. This one stands out.