Trimming and Pruning Pics, Questions, and Answers

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by haze418, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Here are a few pruning questions from my earlier post. Please take a look at the photos, and help with answering the questions in the photos!

Thank you!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bump it up. Cmon guys, all help is appreciated.

3. There are a lot of opinions on this subject. Personally I trim up Everything on the bottom 1/3 of the plant at 2 weeks into flower. Seeing as you are running a screen I would get rid of most everything under the screen. Just my opinion though.

4. That's what I want to do, but I thought I heard somewhere never to cut off fan leaves... Therefore, before taking a weed-eater to my plants (not really), I wanted to get approval first :p

5. what about those buds though? They're developing nearly as fast as the ones on the canopy... Do I pick those off too?

6. Like I said lots of opinions on this. I have been doing this a while, and have done just about every training method known. I don't necessarily get more bud, but def better larger buds, and not a ton of popcorn. I usually do a combo of suppercropping, and lollipopping.

7. This is where experience comes in. You want to get rid of some, but not all. After a few harvests you will be able to tell what will produce, and is worth keeping, and what to just get rid of. I don't do a scrog so I don't want to tell you to cut everything under the screen. At least trim up the bottom 1/3. And yes cut that bud off too. You will feel bad doing it, but it will work out in the end.

8. First of all you didnt let the plants fill out Scrog screen and that should of been Trimmed off but now that its growing bud you will only retard the plant and will suffer yield whether you trim it or not. next time let the plants grow through the screen and continue till the whole screen has 2-4 Tops in each Square.

9. I realized that a little too late... Unfortunately, I think it just boiled down to inexperience. I was afraid the biggest plants were getting too big, and was worried that they would outgrow the box. I see now that my error was not allowing enough coverage.

10. Thanks all for your input!

11. I never chop anything off. I keep all the little popcorns on there. I personally don't believe after ten years of this and watching that there's a difference on the top because you took the bottom. I ended up last grow with a few oz of popcorns and they were just as good as te larger buds on top. Smaller yes but smoked just as nice. Never mind all the material you lose to make hash. IMO leave em. Just take the dead ones.

12. clean up everything under the screen. do it in stages so as not to stress the plants too much. air movement is critical to the ScrOG

13. When do you flip to flower?

14. when your screen is 70%-80% full, that way the screen can fill out through the stretch. But it seems as if you are already flowering. are those autos?

15. They may be, I havent really experimented with the difference between the two. I flipped them too early though... will add pics again (within the next few hours) to the parent post here:

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m...crog-setup-weeks-photos-come-teach-learn.html