TRIMMERS

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ALOhippiecrippler, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Share your trim tips and advice. Whats your favorite strain to trim? Your personal best grams and time?
    What's your record for longest time trimming?
    Shortest time you've gotten a lb and the longest crap lb you've ever done :)

2. Favorite scissors to use? Glove or no glove!? Glove love ;) apron or no? Face mask , are you allergic? Want to know there's a community out there!

3. Sad but I'm subbed into this I'm few weeks away from 1st harvest so need any tips !

4. Middle of a harvest/dry/cure right now, bagseed was a bitch, really small rock solid buds loaded with leaves, tough to trim, Kalashnikova (pictured )was easy,

5. I just finished up being a trimmer at my favorite dispensary. I trim bare-handed using the scissors they supplied- as long as they are sharp, I'm not fussy as to brand. No mask or apron. I am a slow trimmer, but I turn out beautiful-looking buds that I would be happy buying. Since we are paid by weight, the owner doesn't care how long we take to trim- she does care that we do a very good trim job, however. (My brother was surprised how closely we trim the buds- no leafy bits or excess stems are left!) The dispensary has a group of us trimming right there in the main room- the newer patients seem to enjoy seeing how the work is done. They will often come over and chat, giving me a chance to educate them.

"J" is the fastest trimmer. He will do 2 jars to my one. "M" and "E" are older ladies who are slower but meticulous, like me. The 4 of us are the "regulars" and there are about a half dozen other trimmers who are off and on. (As soon as it snowed, they were off to the mountains! lol) The 4 of us sit and chat as we trim, or sometimes we just trim. It's a nice friendly atmosphere to work in. I really enjoyed having the company of women around my age- I live in a house with 4 men (hubby, brother, 2 sons). I am somewhat reclusive by nature, so this was good for me.

We can't smoke in the dispensary (part of the deal the owner made with the city fathers). So "J" would go out twice during an 8 hour day after rolling one up. (There are some very quiet streets near by.) We 3 gals just trimmed straight on through the day and grabbed a small bud or two at the end of the day (a gram or so) - this sort of open "petty theft" is considered as part of the salary. [​IMG] I also have a small metal container that I use for finger- and scissor-hash. Having a pipe-full of a strain topped with its finger hash is simply delightful!

I really enjoyed trimming the "Agent Orange" -nice sized, firm buds, glorious smell and not too dry or wet! Each tub we opened just perfumed the whole dispensary. (It smelled SO good that I even bought some!) The "Fugo" was an absolute drag- tiny fluff buds that often shattered because they were too dry. Thankfully, there was only the one tub of that.

My brother tried to be a trimmer at the dispensary, but his back couldn't take the constant sitting. He lasted three days. My back was fine, but I was using my cannabis-infused coconut oil every night to keep my hands from aching (I have mild arthritis). The oil really helped to keep my hands pain-free. [​IMG] It was "mindless" work, which for me, is a very pleasant relief from reading medical studies. I plan to trim again next autumn.

Granny

6. When I used to hand trim I could only trim about 1.5/hour and I would usually do about an 8 hour sitting. It sucked big time. I bought an automated trimmer from centurion pro 3 years back, it trims 60lbs an hour. its my prized possession haha best money ever spent and when it comes to trimming any other way is just dumb. it paid for itself in a few uses as well considering i wasnt paying randoms to do it. if your trimming a lot, then get a machine. well worth it.

7. Old thread but I'm hoping to get a response.
    For those of you who have a Centurion trimmer, how are you cleaning the tumbler? I have the non-stick tumblers and they say to use warm soapy water. This does NOT clean the sticky resin off. They warn about using any chemicals as it can damage the tumbler, just wondering how others are cleaning these things.

8. I used vegetable oil to get tar off my feet when I used to surf. Give it a try.

9. upload_2021-6-7_6-2-37.png
    Denatured Alcohol has always been my go to cleaner for cannabis resin. 40 years I've used it for fingers, Scissors, Jars. Everything.

BNW

• Informative Informative x 1