Tried Ice Water Extraction, Need a Little Help

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by robertchs, Sep 1, 2010.

1. I took about 15 popcorn buds and Ice Beat them for 15 minutes and strained, but the water isn't green, it's foggy/clear..Will THC still sink, or is there none? What's the deal, I searched everywhere but I seem to be the only person with this problem.
    Plz Help, Plz.

2. haha you just made soggy weed, thc isn't water soluble.

3. Are you sure, I froze them first? Then why would there even be an ice extraction method if THC isn't water soluble? I don't understand.

4. Well THC is not water soluble, if it was then ice extraction wouldn't work. The idea is to separate the THC from the water by gravity... however, doing it to only 15 popcorn buds might mean the hash layer is too fine for you to work with... Maybe you're just not being patient enough (no point in judging by colour), or maybe you were too impatient in the process. Just follow it through and if it fails then dry out the bud and smoke it *shrug*.

5. Okay,that's good advice... It says let it sit for 4 hours it's been 3, I dont see anything on the bottom of the jar, I'll wait another hour..If nothing, then I'll just dry the soggy bud in some foil on a lightbulb and salvage a few bowl packs I guess.

6. yeah, i think you didnt use enough bud to notice the hash.
    i make bubble hash after every grow and i usually use 2-3 ounces of bud

7. If possible.. You could let it settle in a tapered vessel.. so the bottom accumulates into a concentrated area.

8. You think if I put the bottom inch of water on a plate and let it air dry that the small amount of hash will remain..Or if I pour it through 3-4 coffee filters, some hash will get trapped in there?

9. Nope, water is a bust..But can anybody answer the question in my previous post?

10. Dude, that's the extraction process for getting codeine out of Tylenol 3.

Use isopropyl alcohol 99% to get THC from your bud. Let the alcohol evaporate after you've soaked your busted up bud (and removed it, of course), and then you'll be left with some oil!:D

11. Interesting you know that..But no, it's also a marijuana extraction method(google it)..But I put the soggy bud in foil on a light bulb and smoked it while drinking tea made from the THC water and now I'm uber zooted..So, thanks everyone for the advice, but I'm good now.

12. Yeah that's what I was thinking...CWE

can you send a link? I cannot imagine this being anything other than bullshit
    Sorry you didn't get high from drinking 'weed water'

13. You guys are crazy!

CWE - Involves extracting opiates from tylenol
    HASH - blending with ice, kief sinks to bottom..... water is poored out...
    QUISO- Rubbing alcohol

14. Now you need to take that water and filter it through a set of bubble bags.

You can get a set on ebay from a seller called 420oclock. Around $50 for a 5 bag, 5 gallon kit and I bought em so I can tell you they're heavy duty and work well.

15. How is it you 2 have 2000 combined post and didn't know you could make hash with Ice water...Ice loosens the frozen trichomes and they sink to the bottom because they are heavier than water...There's about 500 tutorials and youtube videos on the method.That's why I don't care much for cannabis boards, they're a mash-up of intelligent people and Complete mornon's.

16. Uh-oh, I smell a troll.:rolleyes: Most of us don't bother with those methods, because:
    a) they're fucking pointless. Just smoke your damn weed.
    b) your CWE is much less common than iso extraction, which is more effective.

17. #17 BadKittySmiles, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2010
    Here's a good recipe for easy cheap Ice Hash without the expensive bags, I know a lot of you can't afford them, it shows you how to extract and press it without losing so much of the product: http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/630836-bloom-journal-two-weeks-into-12-12-a-2.html#post7886068

This is what you should be left with after your ice run, the above recipe has these photos and more with the photo-tutorial:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edited to say: of COURSE ice hash is easy, and it's not pointless at all, it takes about 20 minutes to get every bit of hash from whatever material you have to work with, and with big bags and a bucket, you can make about a pound of pure high grade bubble in a half hour from leaf alone... someone tell me how that is pointless? I can understand if you didn't like hash, but why would someone who doesn't even like hash or understand how its made reply with advice.

18. yeah, I should have became more educated on the subject before I spoke, my apologies. But it goes against everything against I've heard about weed.Additionally, still seems really wasteful. I guess I just prefer qwiso. I wouldn't call people morons. No one has called you names, it really shows your level of maturity :rolleyes:

19. So because they hadn't heard of a certain method they're complete morons? I like the unnecessary apostrophe in "moron's" too, can't get much more ironic than that. Ever consider the possibility that their intelligence lies in areas other than thc extraction, there are amateurs and professionals anywhere you go, why should cannabis boards be any different?

I didn't know about the ice extraction method because I've always been happy with just smoking/vaping/and baking my bud, does that make me a moron?

Don't be a dick dude.

20. A pound of hash from just leaves?

How many pound of leaves?

I had more than a pound and got about 3-4 grams of bubble hash.