Trichs

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sdnoob2016, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Hi guys. I've just checked the trichomes on my big bang auto, and they resemble glass balls is the only way I can describe them? Are they good to harvest yet or would I be better off waiting longer? If ok what kind of high would it most likely be? Only asking as need to chop soon if poss..

2. Yes, they are supposed to look like glass balls. The question is... are they clear, milky or amber (yellow/orange) in color. If they are clear or milky, then they are not ready. Personally I like about a 50-50 split between milky and amber or more to the amber side. If you harvest too soon, you will be greatly disappointed with the results (high). Please be patient.. you have done all of the work to get this far, it would be a shame to waste all that time and energy. There are threads in the Harvest forum with pictures of what the trichrome should look like.

Good Luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. clear trichomes = no high
    milky trichs = sativa (head) high
    50/50 milky/amber = hybrid effect. This is when I harvest.
    mostly or all amber = indica (body high)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clear=glass
    Cloudy=plastic

The fact that you said glass leads me to believe they're still clear, give them more time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Had another look tonight, me and my Mrs are in agreement that they appear to be about 50/50 clear/cloudy, with what looks like maybe literally 1 or 2 appearing to have a slight amber tinge..

6. 80% milky/20% amber= perfect bud for me.

With experience you will learn what you like.

7. I'm a 30% amber to 70% cloudy, couch lock. All depends on what kind of high you're looking for. :)

8. #8 WhobeBoo, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    As you can see... Ask a 'simple' question and get many right answers.... Sounds like your close! :). Welcome to harvest time!

• Like Like x 3