Trichs. not turning amber...?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by crystal_palace, Sep 6, 2009.

1. I have 5 plants that are on day 64 or 65 of flower and appear to be ready to harvest. I haven't fed any nutrients since day 45 or 50. The large fans are all drying up and yellowing. Even the smaller fans near the top around the colas are yellowing and drying out. Hairs are totally brown or orange on the colas but down lower on the plant the hairs are about 80 to 90 percent orange/brown. The plants are just some seeds ive had a while from a hermie grow i had... THey are indica dominant hybrids so i figured they'd be done in 8 or 9 weeks. Well its been 9wks and when i look at the trichs under a 40x scope i still see whati would consider to be clear and cloudy trichs with little to no amber??? Some of the thc glands have even just elongated out and dont have the round golf tee type head on them anymore. I have grown these same seeds before and always harvest at day 55 to 63. I decided to get a scope and wait until trichs were about 50percent amber this time but it just seems like they arent going to turn amber... Should i just harvest or continue to wait?

2. I'm no expert to start, but I gots 3 growing years behind me. my first year I had a hermi, b4 I even knew that was posible. but I really liked the smoke, so next year I sowed the seeds it produced. the plants that grew were all dwarfs and hermi's as well. I decided using seeds off my hermi was the prob. and have had much better luck this year with some new strains. mostly indicas but I got 3 sativas goin too.
    You should be able to harvest though, it'll be more of a head high, but mj plants need their fan leafs to produce sugars needed for bud production. so if they all die off I don't think your plants buds will get much bigger.

3. Id give it a little more time...

With those genetics it could be a number of things...

Hermi seeds are more likely to produce hermi plants...

One of my plants wouldnt finish up cuz of nutrient lock out and i had the same problem as you last year...

Honestly id just be happy to have a decent harvest from a hermi bagseed...

Have u been checking PH? and what size pots are you using??

4. I used 5 gal. buckets. 3 stronger plants 1 in 5 gal alone (smallest at a foot an a half) then 2 in same 5 gal bucket got bout 2 foot. I ended up with bout a quarter off them all. the wierd thing is as I topped them and they split one would be male the other would be female so I would just break the male branchs off.

5. i have been keeping PH right between 6 and 7 so its good ive been periodically checking run off too. I transplanted into 2gallon grow bags full to the top right at the start of flowering so i should be ok.... I harvest one plant today that was just starting to amber at 65 days... the rest are still growing and i checked the top colas with the scope today and they are about 25percent amber, but bottom half of plants are only cloudy with little to no amber...? Im thinking of giving them 70 days and just harvesting the whole plants; or should i harvest the top colas that get to 50percent amber then leave the bottom half of plants to ripen a few more days? In five days how much more amber will the top colas get from 25 percent? I dont really want to harvest at more than 50% amber. Some of the seeds are newberry which is a 60 day strain, but at day 65 only top halves seem close to done.

6. Flowering times only indicate how long it took the BREEDER to mature the plant. Unless you know their exact setup and routine, your times WILL vary from what they say.