trichs not turning amber

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bio1, Jun 22, 2008.

1. hey... im like 80 days into flowering now... some white whidow and ak48

under 2x 400w hps

stopped giving nutes about 1 1/2 weeks ago... so water only now

the hairs already turned red a long while ago but the trichs are all clear / clowdy... only very few are amber... and im waiting for 50/50 amber/clowdy ratio.. but its not happening?

any thoughts?

2. What you are describing is when I like to harvest. I prefer only a handful of amber trichs. You're probably ready, any shots of the plants? Anyways good luck.

3. You should try a bud and see how she is?

4. im about at the same stage as you man, day 84

only one or two ambers seen but the buds have stil not filled out fully even tho the hairs are almost 100% red. im hoping to wait for atleast 50/50

do your buds look fully developed?

peace

5. yes id say they do

most of my plants leaves have already yellowed and died so im not sure if its possible for them to turn amber?

and yes, i smoked it through a vap and it got me pretty baked

6. Some plants won't produce amber tric's until well over-done. Usually the tric method of determining when your buds are done works well for almost all strains, but sometimes you get an odd one. The way you described your plants I would say harvest them now. They are most likely done and not going to do anything but degrade the THC. I have a strain that no matter how long I leave it, it will never form a bunch of amber tric's like most strains do if left. Lots of cloudy ones, but very few amber. Just my opinion, hope it helps.

TGT