Trichomes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cabalot, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Can the trichomes be seen with the naked eye well enough to tell how amber they are? Where can I buy a jewelers loop?

2. Depends how good your eyes are :)

I can pretty much detect the color, shade and the cloudiness of individual trichomes, but I apparently have very good vision, in spite of some eye irritation issues related to my condition.

If your eyes are average, vision-wise, a simple dollar store magnifying glass can do the trick, but if you want that nice, clean, closeup or zoomed-in image, and decent lighting, then check out RadioShack.... they have a decent $10 - $12 lighted 60x - 100x microscope. I had one maybe ten years ago, and loved it!

They also carry a few more expensive, and a few cheaper options... like pricey loupes, and five dollar 3-lense magnifiers.

3. ya i ordered my 45x mini microscope on feabay for 3.89 2 led..does great

4. I would just purchase a 30x or 60x magnifier.

Once you get the hang of it, you may be able to just tell when your ready to harvest.

But to be safe I would purchase a magnifier. Here's one on Amazon for cheap:SE 30X Illuminated Jewelers Loupe : Toys & Games : Amazon.com

Most growers chop when 90% of the trichs are cloudy, and 10% amber.

5. my vision is excellent but I think I will go with the radio shack microscope. just ripped out a male today. i've got one plant left. if it is worth making hash out of a male should i cure it first? thank guys.