Trichomes Maturity

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jessev, Oct 12, 2014.

1. I noticed that the trichomes do not all seem to mature at the same time.  Where the cola flowers are over 50% amber and the newer growth buds lower down are about 50% clear and cloudy.  Do most experienced growers go with the cola maturity?
    And should I expect different effects when medicating with different parts of the plant?

2. #2 GloriousZOMBiE, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
    iv heard that people will chop the ready buds and let the nonmmature ones continue. But most other people will set the plants for 24-72 hours of complete darkness to ripen the plant the whole way, and let them in complete darkness for whatever % of trics they like. Like right now I have a plant that had all orange or brown hairs but it's not far in flower 7 and a half weeks to be exact, but the hours are 11:20 hours of light a day so I brought it inside u chopped. the plant also bulks on some mass too and the pistils all change. Putting a plant in complete darkness is very unnatural for it, so it will stress it to think winter is here and it will produce more resins to preserve itself better. If you ask me that would be the best method to get your plant ripe.