trichomes etc

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by botanist al, Jun 10, 2003.

1. hello everyone,
    I have two nice plants in bud and all the little white hairs on the buds are gone brown and have dried out, i have heard that you are meant to pick the buds around this time or earlier.
    But i have also heard that you are meant to pick your buds when the Trichomes (tiny cristals) turn a cloudy brown colour.

Any help is appreciated.

2. HIGH All, yes the trics go from clear to cloudy...how far into Bud are you?

Welcome to the City botanist al...your going to meet some of the finest Blades and Bladies here.

3. harvest when approx 70% of those turn brown............Peace out.........Sid

4. I just read in a magazine that you should concentrate on the resin glands. Wait for the stalk of the trichome to form the mushroom head and the color of the gland should go from clear to a milky color then finally to an amber color. The peak ripeness is when the glands are all milky with here and there of the ambers but after that they all start to turn amber this is the point of deminishing returns. Never harvest early with white hairs and no mushroom headed glands that = swag smoke even if it is fresh.

5. Harvest your girls when the trichomes have gone from clear to milky white, with a few trichomes turning amder or brown. If all glands go brown you have past the point of diminishing returns. The brown color indicates the thc glands are deterating or degrading the level of thc. The pistils should be all to almost all brown at the point the Trichomes are milky.

Hope to help,
    Greenbudz

6. hey thanks guys,
    i dont know if the dudes at grass city have posted this or even if i wrote it but now that i kkno to look at the trichomes colour how do i do that? is a magnifiing glass strong enough or should i get something stronger?
    thanks for any correct help.
    al

7. Find a Magnify glass that let's you look at the crystal by 30x's