trichome fiend's zero veg minifarm!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by trichome fiend, Dec 17, 2010.

1. dude gotta love the no veg time.

hows the yields been with it?

i may experiment with it as i have a bunch of clones i dont wanna veg out lol!

2. ...yeap, I start with an EC of 1.6 topping off with RO water only until res change. I change my res every 2 weeks.

...I always get at a minimum of 3/4 lbs per 600 watt HPS....when everything is going good, I get over an lb per 600. Keep me updated if you do decide to go with no veg. :smoke:

3. ^^ whats your start to finish time?

4. ...this is strain dependent....but, I shoot for the indica dominate strains that finish flowering within 6-8 weeks.

5. nice.

i may just throw a few clones into the flower room and see how they do

6. ...here's a few upto date shots, these 2 tables are in week 2 of flowering....these 2 tables did recieve a short veg life, they weren't straight out of the cloner.

12 critical, 10 bluecheese, 2 big bud...in wk#2 of flower (b).jpg

Big bud week 2 of flowering (b).jpg

Attached Files:

7. ...here's a table of Big bud that was flowered straight from clones, now in week #5 of flowering.....and a pic of some NLxSK just finished drying.

Big bud week 5 of flowering (c).jpg

NLxSK buds.jpg

Attached Files:

8. ...these 2 tables were tripped straight into flower a few days ago from clones. Table 1 has Kandy Kush, NLxSK, NLxBB....Table 2 has Blue Cheese, Critical, and Pure Power.

Day 4 of flowering (table 2).jpg

Attached Files:

9. ....and a few random equipment shots.

guano tea.jpg

RO pluming float.jpg

RO setup.jpg

Attached Files:

10. ewww is that compost tea?? why's that so nasty lookin? the bucket with the foam haha. I really dig your flood tables and the whole set up.

few questions if you don't mind :rolleyes:

1. what nutrients and EC level do you have for your aero cloner?

2. when you throw them from the aero into 12/12, you start at 1.6 mS/cm....do you keep it at this EC all the way through harvest or do you bring it up to 2.0 during the heavy flower weeks?

3. I see some GH flora series...I use the same stuff in the Lucas 2:1 ratio Micro to Bloom. Is that your strategy also? Any other additives you particularly like?

4. After two weeks when you change your reservoir do you "flush" at that time? Like fill with only RO water and let that run for an hour or maybe one full day...then dump and re-fill with nutrient solution? Do you use any flushing stuff like Clearex or Drip Clean etc.

Thanks dude!

11. #111 trichome fiend, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
    ....yeah, that's my AACT setup, organics at their best...it looks nasty because it's alive....this stuff is amazing for my mothers kept in soil...I also foilar mist all of my plants with it diluted to 50%.

...with the aerocloner, I use nothing but RO and 3% H2O2 (1ml per gallon) until I see roots...once I see roots are starting to establish, I shoot a 1/4 strength Lucas formula in there...I believe the ec hits around .3-.4...keepin a heating missle in there set @ 70f, within 2 weeks all have roots...ideally, I keep my clones in the cloner for a full 3 weeks....then off to bloom.

...I start flowering @ 1.6 ec (Lucas formula)....topping off my res with pure RO...the ec swings lower and pH swings higher until res change, I've had the ec drop down to 1.0 by the two week res change. The only thing I add is H2O2 (every 4 days), I have probably 2 grand of snake oils sitting in my fertilizer cabinet (no shit :()

...come res change time, I empty the res and refill with pure RO, then flood the bed for 1 hour. Once the table has drained, I do not dump the water, I add my 0-8-16 to it during wks# 1-6. However, during my final flush I do empty after the 1 hour flush....then I refill with pure RO...I usually like to flush for 2 full weeks with pure RO only...I keep an eye on the ec during flush, if my ec meter even comes on reading anything, I empty and refill with fresh RO....I've tried the whole clearx and sweet flush a few times, but did not notice any difference in taste.

...no problem man. These are good questions :smoke:

12. Is that a silver lowes bucket? Interesting choice... I love the HD (home depot) buckets. Its good to hear that your plants are cracken off. I like the dried nug picture. Those are some nice looking monsters. Take it easy dude...
    -Bug

13. ...yeap, the bucket does a good job at keeping light out, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the hydro store's buckets. Thankx, and thankx bro. :smoke:

14. ahh very nice...I was curious about the tea b/c microbes, in general, are for soil. I think I'm going to use your reservoir management. I do pretty much the same except I'm doing way more work by dumping the res twice...once after the flush day and then re-fill again with nutrients. I'll try what you're doing next round.

Which snoils did you try? I too tried to listen to Lucas and avoid them but reading more garden magazines I've learned so much about chelates, microbes and foliar feeding that I wanna try some of them :D

The two supplements I use are Hygrozyme to help keep my roots clean and also Diamond Nectar (humic/fulvic) for natural chelates. I have no basis to compare how effective either product is so far :(

15. oh I forgot to ask about your co2 setup? do you have a fuzzy logic controller? do you run at 1500ppm?

sorry to bug so much lol....I was hoping you could explain about the set up....

Like you have your max temp/RH set to (?) and (?) then exhaust fans kick on or AC? dehumidifier with the AC unit or separate? Co2 controller like fuzzy logic or just timer, X-ON and Y-OFF duration...or just runs on full time at lower CFH and only turns off at night/fans running etc.

you know what I mean ;)

16. ...sure, I have a co2 monitor that is mounted on the wall, positioned at plant level set @ 1500ppm. It has a light sensor on it, allowing me to run co2 while the lights are on only. I have the co2 monitor attached to a co2 burner that burns propane. My temp levels range from 65- upper 80's F. I have 3 inline fans, 2 ran through my aircooled hoods that gets exausted out of a chimney, the 3rd is attached to a carbon filter and vents my room during sleep hours to help maintain humidity. I have a double hose ac unit that allows me to keep my co2 in the room while it keeps my room cool....does that sum it up pretty well?;)

17. which co2 controller do you have? what company / model?

what model atmosphere controller do you have for temp/RH control?

thanks for helpin. how bout some bud shots? :hello:

18. #118 jas43, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2011
    jesus fucking christ

beautiful plants

EDIT: lol my 777th post said 'jesus fucking christ'
    oh the irony

19. you a beast dog keep pushin that shit you got some thick asss quality nugs

20. ...did you just use Gods name in vain????? ....I think I like you! :wave::D