Trials and Tribulations

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DirtyB, Mar 12, 2012.

1. #1 DirtyB, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    So, I'm pretty sure I made up my mind finally...
    At first I was on A.L. T looking at stuff for around $160, then I said fuck it and wanted a sick piece in the $300 range, but now ive made the smartest decision.

I'm decided on getting a gridded stemline from ssfg for $150, I think it's between 16-18" and that's perfect because I was looking at >16"
    And my smart decision was, I'll take it slow. I was in a rush to get a new piece but I'll just get this guy then next paycheck invest in a really nice ash catcher.

But yeah, stoked to finally settle on one piece that is at a killer price.

2. Good choice bro, I definitely want to see some pics and a milk when you get it. That's a great price! And if you're getting a stemline you won't need that downstem, but I definitely recommend getting one of his gridded inline ac's, I love mine.

3. #3 DirtyB, Mar 12, 2012
    FUCK.
    I'm an idiot, I'm sorry. I forgot it was a stemline while calling it a stemline...but what I was getting at is I'll take it part by part to build a monster. :smoking:

And that a/c is what I had in mind.

4. Here's some stuff I recommend getting for upgrades:

1. A disk diffused slide. Its basically a regular bowl with a glass screen blown into it. They really help with keeping ash and unburnt bud from falling through into the water. Ssfg makes them I use mine everyday. Their clear ones start around $30 and the worked ones are only like 10-15 dollars more if their prices haven't changed.

2. One of their gridded inline ashcatchers. You would need a 90 degree one since your tube is stemless. The one I own is built like a tank. It adds a little bit of drag(not terrible drag, but its there), but that is to be expected when you add another chamber of water. i got mine with a worked and gridded diffuser for $155 around the holidays last year.

3. A carbon filter. I personally have never used one, but i always hear great things about them. Then attach to your bong under your bowl and you fill them with activated carbon. They're supposed to do a really good job of keeping your tube clean while filtering out a lot of tar and shit from the smoke. The only downsides to them is that they're pretty draggy if you put a lot of carbon, and you have to replace the carbon frequently (it is inexpensive, but its one more thing you have to pay attention to)

I hope this post helped you, im kinda bored and have nothing to do right now

5. what site are you looking on? because I go on there website, but it doesn't seem to get updated. I didn't even know they made stemlines.

6. You have to contact them bro

7. Could you possibly provide a link to one of those diffused bowls, I've been wanting one for a while and can never find one, I'm a little glass-ignorant.

8. Yeah, I hate how the website isn't updated. Makes me feel like nobody is running the business, but on the other hand have heard that ssfg has top notch customer service. They have a "Contact Us" and a "Custom Quote" tab on the menu, both bring you to the same custom quote page.

I did notice some new slides on the website, though I wish they would just update everything so I can see what they got:smoke:

9. [quote name='"screwstonzbo"']Could you possibly provide a link to one of those diffused bowls, I've been wanting one for a while and can never find one, I'm a little glass-ignorant.[/quote]

Phx makes a hd diffused slide, leisure makes a disk screen, illadelph makes the 5-hole, and B.wilson makes a disk screen slide. From my experience they all keep your bong nice and clean but they all clog up pretty quickly other then the 5hole.
    All on a.l

10. #10 Teed Woker, Mar 12, 2012
    This is a disk diffused/disk screen slide by SSFG:
    http://ssfgglass.com/shop/media/com_hikashop/upload/100_4308.jpg

By the way, Ben Wilson and Leisure are the same guy

11. Thanks yall, will be ordering one shortly.

12. [quote name='"InstaBlaze"']Here's some stuff I recommend getting for upgrades:

1. A disk diffused slide. Its basically a regular bowl with a glass screen blown into it. They really help with keeping ash and unburnt bud from falling through into the water. Ssfg makes them I use mine everyday. Their clear ones start around $30 and the worked ones are only like 10-15 dollars more if their prices haven't changed.

2. One of their gridded inline ashcatchers. You would need a 90 degree one since your tube is stemless. The one I own is built like a tank. It adds a little bit of drag(not terrible drag, but its there), but that is to be expected when you add another chamber of water. i got mine with a worked and gridded diffuser for $155 around the holidays last year.

3. A carbon filter. I personally have never used one, but i always hear great things about them. Then attach to your bong under your bowl and you fill them with activated carbon. They're supposed to do a really good job of keeping your tube clean while filtering out a lot of tar and shit from the smoke. The only downsides to them is that they're pretty draggy if you put a lot of carbon, and you have to replace the carbon frequently (it is inexpensive, but its one more thing you have to pay attention to)

I hope this post helped you, im kinda bored and have nothing to do right now[/quote]

Thanks for the help man but I'm not new to this brotha, I know my shit haha

13. [quote name='"MASS GLASS420"']what site are you looking on? because I go on there website, but it doesn't seem to get updated. I didn't even know they made stemlines.[/quote]

Yeah they're not on the site.
    I emailed them and they said they'll be getting some this week.