Trepanation... kind of disturbing.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by DurbanPoison, Mar 28, 2006.

1. weeell in my darker days ive seen a lot worse than this, but i wonder if it really does work.

2. This is a pile of crap

It... decreases pressure and increases the amount of blood flow to your brain?

Firstly the meninges are three layers- dura mater, arachnoid mater and pia mater. The outer layer- dura- is really REALLY tough like leather- trust me on this! There is no way that drilling into his head would relieve the pressure on his brain because in all honesty there's still going to be a fair bit of pressure maintained by his dura. Surgeons DO remove bits of skull to remove the pressure... OF AN EXTRA DURAL HAEMATOMA- which is where you have a skull fracture on the side of your head in a particular weak point called the pterion- inside this point is the anterior branch of the middle meningeal artery. This artery, if it is ruptured by the impact, bleeds into the skull OUTSIDE the dura and presses down on it and the brain underneath. Surgeons cut a hole IN THE TEMPORAL BONE (his was in the FRONTAL) to remove the blood. Which congeals and looks like steak.

Secondly the rest of the brain would have STILL pressed against the LARGE volume of skull that WAS there.

Third: Even if it had released some kind of gas or fluid from AROUND the dura and not the skull/dura pressure itself then the dura is stuck to the inside of the cranial vault at various points. This means that there are kind of like pockets- but they are usually closed up because NOTHING IS IN THERE. Releasing the "pressure" in one pocket would not remove it in another.

Fourth: increasing bloodflow to allow the brain to work? What a pile of SHIT. I'm sorry but brain bloodflow increases to accomadate an increase in metabolic activity by the brain. Not the other way round. When neurones in a particular part of the brain fire more then they use more glucose. As a bi product of this they give Adenosine, Potassium Ions and another product which I forget at the moment. These then increase blood flow by dilating the arteries. Hence as blood is needed the supply increases.

This man is a moron. Pure and simple. I would like to read this "extensive research" he's done. (Most research you read is crap- I was once told by a medical statistician that only 10% of journals in each edition NATURE- probably one of the best journals there IS- are actually really statistically significant).

3. the stupid shit stupid people do. if he wanted to expand his conciousness why didn't he just do some acid or shrooms or something? man and how the hell did his friend know what he was doin? is he a doctor or a carpenter?

4. You are a very intellectual person. I look forward to learning from your posts.

5. Fuck that shit. I would never do that. That shit is just another example of psuedoscience, bullshit to say the least. Anyway, that shit can't be legal can it? There are some fucked up people in this world, but no offense of course.

keep smokin'

6. I'm not the stype to get creeped out by stuff like that.... But I was fucking creeped. I was also stoned out of my mind too.