Treating men like pedophiles

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by chief joseph, Aug 14, 2012.

1. [quote name='"LumeherbaAmar"']
    You're over thinking it. Truth is, literally 99% of rape crimes are committed by Men, and that 1% that are women are almost all accomplices, not offenders.
    [/quote]

do you have sources for this? id lile to check it out.

i had always been told women as well as men commit sexual crimes (rape, molestation, etc)

2. #142 *guest, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012

I thought he must be exaggerating, but I guess not!

Source: http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/SOO.PDF
    (Beware, it's a PDF. ;))

I didn't read through the whole report, but there's a snippet on page 10 about it.
    Since those were only the statistics for 1995, I'm sure it can vary a bit.

We have to consider too that 99% of arrestees for forcible rape were male, but I imagine female on male rape probably goes widely unreported.

3. [quote name='"LumeherbaAmar"']
    You're over thinking it. Truth is, literally 99% of rape crimes are committed by Men, and that 1% that are women are almost all accomplices, not offenders.

This is a 'discriminating' policy, its one that makes sense. Sure, this one guy might not rape someone, but if he might. Chances, are a women might rape someone too, but the statistical data says this is an astronomical improbability, although the chances of a man being a rapist are extraordinarily higher.[/quote]

Once again I will say. Should we stop all Muslims from flying? A very very very small percentage of Muslims are extremists but a large percentage of terroristic attacks have been carried out by Muslims. So should we discriminate against them based on that information?

4. Theres a difference my friend, any Muslim may be a terrorist, but not only Muslims can be terrorists. Any man could be a rapist, but it is only men who can be rapists.

See the difference?

5. #145 *guest, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012

It's not only men who can be rapists though.

Like I said in my last post, the whole "99% of rapists are men" statistic is based on rape arrests.

How many men do you think are willing to report that they got raped by a woman? Not very many at all. :poke:

It does definitely happen though. Surely not as much as men raping women, but it's far from an impossibility.

And in any case, this hardly has anything to do with rape. This is an issue of possible child molestation, and the statistics I cited a few pages ago points out that women are the perpetrators of child molestation 10-25% of the time.

Much larger than the 1% of women who happened to be arrested for rape.

6. but its not only men who are rapists

7. My point exactly

8. This isn't about rape it's about pedophilia.

Anyhow, if you bothered to read through the thread, you will see that your misrepresentation of those statistics have been rebutted. Sure, maybe 99% of rapes are committed by males, but what percentage of males have committed a rape? <1% more than likely, which is why most logical people don't apply the theory 'one bad apple ruins the bunch' to policies involving gender..

As I said previously as well, instead of using a discriminatory policy and also just a shitty solution, to solve pedophilia on airplanes, why not hire extra security (e.g. more staff) instead of putting that burden on the paying (expensively paying) customers?

9. Women just admit you're inferior to men and therefore need things like these to make you feel special and we will treat you like special little handicap kids.

99% of homicides to humans are committed by humans. Lets ban human to human interaction ASAP.

10. Sure private investors contribute capital, but they're still dependent on infrastructure to do business.

What constitution are you looking at? The US constitution? Show me the part where it says private companies should be allowed to discriminate, or give me your hypothetical reasoning about why current jurisprudence is incorrect. Stop using buzz phrases like, "this is unconstitutional", when it's not.

Purpose of government? I'm sure you can find a little snippet of something, remove it from context, and use it to "reinforce" what you're trying to say. So I wont bother asking for you to back that claim.

Jeez you neocon types are just a weird bunch.

11. MAKE SENSE???? ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING WITH ME???

There like a zero chance of that happening...... even if is were to happen, someone is bound to intervene and put a stop to it. So its one of the most stupid rules that i have ever heard. If they are really that afraid, they should have moved the kid, rather than the guy.

12. WHY DO PEOPLE THINK IT IS OKAY TO DISCRIMINATE!? It pisses me off. We try our best to not discriminate against blacks, Mexicans, Muslims, gays, ANYBODY, but you can discriminate against an entire gender? Think about it people. If you think this is ok you need to go get checked out at the psych ward

13. Tbh i wouldn't care if i got moved cause i was a dude, Jokes on the woman now i don't have to sit next to some fucking kids.