Travelling to america with a criminal record

Discussion in 'General' started by saaativa, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Hi guys, first thread!
    Sorry if someone has asked this before or if it's in the wrong section, but I was just wondering what the situation with criminal record/USA immigration was like.
    For example say if someone from the UK with a record for cannabis possession tried to enter the USA, what are there chances of getting in etc?

Cheers :smoke:

2. We are like this:
    [​IMG] :laughing:

3. As long as your white welcome to America haha just kidding man. I think as long as it's not arson or something serious you should be good. i don't really know though

4. Haha, shit man :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jokes of course. :laughing:

6. You should move to Canada though..

7. Yeah, I heard that Canada's immigration pretty tight though bro..

8. I don't think it's much different, could be wrong though.

9. you need to obtain a pardon for the marijuana charge and have a potential job and way to support yourself.

10. Idk if they think your bad enough they'll extradite you for conviciton and life in jail...

11. [quote name='"Skunky Monkey"']

I don't think it's much different, could be wrong though. [/quote]

You can't get into Canada if you have a DUI on your record. Theyr pretty damn strict.
    To op as long as your charges ar misdemeanor then your fine.

12. It's funny that you need a job to get into the country, but we dgaf about our people....maybe the lazy asses don't care for themselves. Who knows :shrug: who cares

13. [quote name='"Skunky Monkey"']

I don't think it's much different, could be wrong though. [/quote]

It's WAY different! Canada is literally like the strictest country ever when it comes to immigration!

My best friend (who's dad was a high up ambassador to the UN, and who's brother is a consul) recently went to school in Canadia and he was asked for EVERYTHING!!! Literally asked him for blood and urine panels to test for potential diseases, asked for a verified/notarized family history, etc. etc. etc.

To the point where if you have a Canadian Visa, you almost automatically qualify for a US (or any other country) so there is an actual "status symbol" that it carries!

Ridiculous!

Anyway...
    As for OP's question: I know they ask you if you've ever been convicted (possibly tried) for any crime (and they know EVERYTHING, so be honest; it works in your favor for once, trust me)
    and they go from there.

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

14. [quote name='"Rabidcat"']It's funny that you need a job to get into the country, but we dgaf about our people....maybe the lazy asses don't care for themselves. Who knows :shrug: who cares[/quote]

Our government pays LOTS of $ to those unemployed people they supposedly "don't give a fuck about". And it only makes sense to not allow new jobless immigrants into our country to increase unemployment so idk what's funny about that part

15. as long as you aren't a suspected terrorist i don't think our government really could give a fuck who enters our country.

16. [quote name='"Sunn"']as long as you aren't a suspected terrorist i don't think our government really could give a fuck who enters our country.[/quote]

It's actually ridiculously hard to get into America the legal way currently. We're making legal immigration very hard and it's hurting us

17. Don't come to America. We're evil

18. cheers guys :smoke: