Traveling to Tibet

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Iceman420, Oct 22, 2011.

1. I was excited to hear a couple days ago from my mother, that a group of close family friends are inviting us to travel to Tibet. It doesn't interest my mom or my dad, so I'll be going on my own with the family friends.

This is especially exciting for me because ever since a couple months ago, I have been becoming more spiritually connected with myself, animals and plants around me. I've been trying to learn as much as possible about Meditation, spirit, Buddhism, a lot of the Eastern asian culture and religions, etc.
    And overall, what better way to learn about these things than to actually go to the area where a good amount of these philosophies originated from?

I have till next summer to prepare and to list the things I would like to do. I can't find the video yet, but I saw on tv that in Tibet, the Dhali Lama does sessions everyday and anyone is welcomed, so I would definitely love to do that.

Any recommendation/advice guys? What should I do there? How should I prepare? Is there any possible way I can spend some time with Buddhist monks and meditate with them? Possible learn something from them?

2. I can't answer your questions but dude that is fucking sweet, have a blast

3. That's awesome, do you know what the situation is with China and Tibet at the moment?

4. um the dhali lama has been living in exile for years.

5. Visit as many temples as you can.....and places to eat too....what part are you going to? Very lucky!