Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Traveling and Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by hotarizona, May 5, 2013.

1. I will be traveling out of Arizona to a state where Medical marijuana is not legal. I have no choice but to take my medication with me. How should I go about doing this with the least chance of being stopped? A pipe and an ounce are very obvious. How do others of you travel when you need your marijuana for pain and bi-polar disorder? I can't take pain pills...(addiction)....I don't know what I'm going to do. Please help if you can. :confused_2:

2. not sure about that man. all I know is in VA if they even find a pipe on you, you're gone in the back for questioning. IDK, maybe you might need a license for travel or some sort? best of luck.

3. You're going to have to either hide it or not go out of state. You could also try and find herb where you will be staying but if the risk of you not having your medicine is that serious than I would bring the herb with me.

Under your state laws you are safe with the bud and pipe. While you are safe in Arizona, once you leave the state you cant bring your medicinal card to an NYPD policeman and say "Don't arrest me it's legal" because you've just broken the NY State law and federal law.

Good luck with your travels and stay safe.

4. I'm fairly positive that your prescription means nothing in a non-medical state. Most likely your weed would be treated just how it is in AZ without the card. Also pretty sure it is against federal law to transport marijuana across state lines whether you have a prescription or not.

5. yeah man you are screwed. MM laws do not apply state to state with a few exceptions. If you get caught it really depends on the cop as to what they would do. How are you traveling by car by plane?

6. I'm going by car because I don't want to get busted at the airport. Thanks for the feedback.

7. Yeah you're most likely screwed. If you really need it, then try sneaking it (though I'd personally wouldn't). Either that or don't leave AZ at all. Sucks, but you don't have much options.

8. If going by car, just buy a mason jar of an apropriate size and put everything you will be traveling with in their. Do not smoke or anything on the actual drive. Do not drive high. If you can last the trip, you will have no reason to be searched. If you get stopped, it will most likely be due to a speeding ticket or something along those lines. Just don't do anything stupid if you do get stopped and you will be fine.