Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trash to stash (Share your technique/secret) (foliage hash,etc)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by caligulah, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Figured I'd make this thread after searching the forums and not really finding much in specifics when it comes to turning (sometimes bad) situations, where maybe some novices would tend to look over in the haste to harvest something as valuable as the foilage they've accumulated along there grow. Now this is just an example (as well as a question I'm putting out there for all your hashperts!), but again some may not know these things yet- so hopefully here is where they will! Usually throughtout my harvests- specifically for all the plants that are on 12/12- I'm collecting and saving foilage. All the leaves usually from flowering to manicuring the last nug- I've got news papers on the ground to save every last leaf.. Usually I'll dry it like I do my bud, same room, only the clippings I store in a big plastic garbage bag for future use (making hash, oils, etc, all hopefully people will come and share there methods/techniques!$) some people tell me I should throw fresh clippings right from plant to freezer, all throughtout the harvest and until the last bud, in other words - not letting it dry like I normally do with my buds, but to freeze them, 24 hours later all the good stuff will be frozen. Here's my question for those who freeze: how long do you wait once you've taken them out of the freezer, or do you even allow the foilage to thaw before grinding it all up to eventually make hash?

2. Wrong place to post? Lol feel free to move it my apologies I am Caligula. Glutton of Gluttons. Men over women. Man over woman. The whore of all men And I...Am not ashamed to admit, it's not enough to say "I love all of you".

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1buSgDNfGFQ

4. Haha very sweet. I've never seen the dry Ice idea, but it's a damn good one. I use a much ghetto technique, I take the finest [​IMG] <_ shirt thingy. Sift.. Collect like he did In the vid. I need a press. I use a rolling pin after throwing the results in the oven for 15 min. How effective are those presses?I am Caligula. Glutton of Gluttons. Men over women. Man over woman. The whore of all men And I...Am not ashamed to admit, it's not enough to say "I love all of you".

5. #5 TinTizzy, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
    dont crush the leaves or you get more plant matter in the kief..i just do the dry ice method you can get a single 190 or 220 bubble bag on ebay..i dont use a press cause i cook with it but they work fine ive used em before

6. Dry ice is for all the moisture I'm gussing?? So you just take fresh from the tri-leaves and throw them into collection ?? No drying method used until you do the dry ice shake?I am Caligula. Glutton of Gluttons. Men over women. Man over woman. The whore of all men And I...Am not ashamed to admit, it's not enough to say "I love all of you".

Dry Ice freezes the trichomes so they break off the plant mater easily and quickly.  It can be two edged.  If you work where it is humid frost can form inside your bubba bag or pollen box and cause it to plug up not letting the kif out.