Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Transportation Using Concrete

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jsuddat, Feb 13, 2009.

1. I tried searching the forum, as well as Google and couldn't find an answer to my question. Anyone have input on the effectiveness of concrete masking the smell of pot? Just as a scenario...say a lb in a bucket of some kind filled with concrete. I know it'd be a pain in the ass to get it out afterwards, but do you think police dogs could still smell it?

Thanks for your replies!

2. what the fuck?

So much work.

just use a easier way.

3. For real. Plus if you were going to use concrete you better make damn sure whatever you put in there is sage to store bud in. Concrete is acidic and WILL eat through a lot of stuff.

4. I can't stop laughing. Imagine running from the cops with a concrete bucket.:hello:

5. HAHAHAHA o man I can see it now!

6. I was assuming people would figure i meant in a car...

And i know there are easier ways, but its always better to be overly precautious than sorry.

7. This was in that article:

"Eddie is an enhanced victim recovery dog and is specially trained to detect the scent of human remains. He is able to smell through solid materials, like concrete, because of scientific training techniques.
    It's this training that sets him apart from standard police sniffer dogs, which are able to detect human remains in shallow graves. The springer's nose is more sensitive and he is called in on more complicated cases."

So..what if you were searched by a standard police sniffer dog?

8. concrete=porous (sp) so yes bthey could smell it.

9. Like mentioned above, concrete is porous. Odors also have the characteristic of permeating through certain materials like Ziploc bags so what says they won't go through porous concrete? Your "standard police sniffer dogs" are trained to detect drug odors and will even go apeshit over the 0.05g piece of bud that fell on the carpet who-knows-how-long-ago. Keep in mind that these dogs that they keep around to sniff for drugs may also be "specially trained" and not just "standard police sniffer dogs."

10. I saw a DVD saying the smell permiates outward with time, so the less time the pot spends in the container, the less likely a dog will be able to detect it. So even though its porous, i'm thinking vacuum sealed, inside concrete seems to be like the best possible way to conceal the smell, without putting it in your gastank or something..

11. You triple bag it in plastic bags using a food saver, wipe off/dunk the sealed bags in alcohol and work extremely clean using one way gloves you keep changing.

That's pretty much the only way to do it.

12. While I was traveling in the west indies 30 years ago, an old Japanese fisherman told of an age old technique which is 100% effective against drug sniffing canines.

The secret is to shoot the dog before he has the chance to get a good sniff in, problem solved.

13. The trick is to fool the handler, not the dog. Thus, hide it in food. Meat, a sandwich, candy. Make like you packed a lunch and inside of the lunchbox you could have a stash container. Just make the handler think that the dog wants food rather than smelling your stash.

The other trick: Don't do anything that would make a cop pull you over. i.e. Don't speed, use your turn signal, etc. That works a lot. Duh!

14. wow..

I wasn't just about to say the same exact thing ;)

15. No offense but you weren't serious, right!? :rolleyes:

16. The thing is, police dogs can be trained to ignore certain smells (i.e. the tuna that's on top of your weed). I saw it on discovery channel :D

17. Yes the dog could smell through it, EVENTUALLY. The way it works, is depending on what is containing it, the longer it takes for it to get though. I am not sure how long it would take.

18. you could also use laytex paint that they use to seal up basements that might make it more smell proof...but how would you get the weed out?