transplanting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nort56, May 15, 2004.

1. I have two plants in one gallon pots and they need to be moved into larger ones, any suggestions how to accomplish this without damaging the roots, they are about 12 inches high and leafing nicely but the need room to grow, soil is prepared and waiting just can't figure out how to get them out of the pots.

2. HIGH All, the best thing for you if you don't know how to transplant is to put your 1gl pot into a bigger one like a 3 or 5 gl pot.

Here I'll take a pic to show you.....now just fill in around the 1 gl pot and your laughing. The 1gl pot could be a little HIGHer...

Attached Files:

3. HIGH All, very serious highgirly420...it's the best way for someone who doesn't know how.

I do it the same way too (pot upside down)..maybe not as wet...I'm sure I even started a thread about transplanting.

Come harvest time I'll show you the roots from that plant

4. turned it upside down smacked it and it slid right out, roots were all over the pot, it is now is 5gal, one more to grow.

5. HIGH All, pretty easy eh nort56....it's just that doing the Double Potting Technique it's 100% stress free way of transplanting. When sonmeone comes asking for help I'll try and give you the best and safest way to do it.

Glad things went well for you.

6. i didnt think he meant to put the 1 gallon pot in with the 3, he jus didnt explain to pop it out of the 1 gallon. i think he thought that was self explanatory :D

7. hey hg420, them stoner moments can be a bitch!!! i have atleast 2 a day lmao!!! :D

8. oops, i jus had one, had to reread the thread

9. HIGH All, smoke more my friends *LOL*....

Double Potting

Hey if it's good for BOG....it's good for me. I....when I do it just leaf the pot as is. I'll show you.

And no I didn't think you we're my friend.....

Edit: doing this some say it helps keep the Humidity up.

10. HIGH All, aaaahhhhh highgirly420 I don't cut the bottom O.F.F.F....the drain holes give the roots lots of room to leaf the old pot and into the new pot. I don't usally do it this way...I do it the old fashioned...tip upside down and out it comes. Like I said before this is a stressless way of transplanting for those leary of hurting their plants.