Transplanting With Coco Coir?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Chief Tokem, Sep 17, 2011.

1. I've got some babies in some one gallon pots of coco coir and was going to transplant them into some two gallons for flower. Any tips on how to transplant coco? I've got aurora roots pots and was thinking about just cutting off the bottom and pulling the remains of the one gallon pot off once I have it in the two gallon. Any help is appreciated.

2. #2 Weedpipe, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
    take a one gallon pot that is empty, fill it up with coco, this will be your mold.

put coco in the bottom of your new pot, set the mold pot in your 2 gallon and

check it for height, adjust as necessary. leaving the mold pot in, now fill up the

2 gallon with coco, spin the mold pot back and forth a couple times and pull it out.

you will now have a perfect hole for your transplant to fit in.

when i transplant i dont like my coco to be too wet, or too dry, i let my plants go 1 day

without water before i transplant. then i simply squeeze the sides and tap the bottom

of my pots to loosen, then put my fingers between the base of the plant, flip it upside down,

pull the pot off from the bottom (and just drop the old pot) and then i stick the plant in

its pre-made hole, and this all happens pdq. then i water the hell out of em and get em

back under the lights asap.

heres are some pots pre-transplant, top-left has a mold pot still in it
    027.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1