Transplanting Questions!?!?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mariwana, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Whens the best time to transplant my lady, rite before its time to water? Anything I need to do to the new soil before transplanting? Does it matter what size pot I'm transplanting to(going from about a 1/2 Qt pot to a 5 Gal.)? She's about 3 to 4 weeks now. Also, I started her in MiracleGro but just picked up a bag of FFOF. Will transplanting from MG to FFOF be ok or will this have a negative effect on the grow process?

2. Yeah you don't want it to be too wet or your soil will end up everywhere when you remove the plant from the container. That's a pretty big jump in container size so you may not have as dense a rootwad than if you transplanted to bigger containers more gradually, but I was always pretty lazy and did similar transplants with no observable ill-effects. FFOF is a good soil so I imagine it should do nothing but help your plant with its growth.

3. I think once the plant has room to spread out her roots, she'll start going like mad. Especially in FFOF.

I would keep the soil semi dry before you transplant just because it makes it easier. Once you transplant, there will probably be enough moisture in the FFOF that your roots will start reaching towards if you don't water it for a couple days after your transplant.

4. ya that FF soil is alot better than the MG...i will say FFOF is a little rich though, has known to burn smaller plant's and seedling's before...i alway's cut that soil with a bag of the same size.i use a non fert cheap potting soil...this doubles my soil and for the price of FF soil's, 3 buck's can double it...lol
    def worth doing..
    i also suggest watering lightly 20 min before transplant...this will coat the root's and ward against stress during transplant...you can also do this before feeding's...a few cup's of fresh water, wait 20 min, then feed...this will coat the root's and ward against any possible nute burn...these are just sure fire way's to get the job done with minimal or no stress at all...