Transplanting from MG soil to fox farm

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TEP2014, Feb 20, 2014.

1. So me being a noob, I put my beans in MG soil. Now I want to switch to fox farm happy frog. My question is will this hurt my babies? I'm going from a 2 gl pot to 3 gl grow bags. Please help, I don't want to ruin my garden. Some pics of my garden and the MG soil I used.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oh yea, babies are 21 days from first leaves

3. no more than any other transplant.

Twas Ever Thus!

• Like Like x 1
  4. plants look really good for a first timer in MG soil. so if you don't need to up pot yet, I wouldn't. no need to fix whats working IMO.

besides it will give you some time to build up the FFHF ( which is already pretty "buff" for a store bought soil) into "a water only" & chill the rest of the grow.

fems or regs? if regs I'd wait also .. no need to waste good soil on the boys.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 snoopdog6502, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    I never had problems with miracle grow, grows like crazy. It gets a bad rap because some dip-shits feeds the plants when they don't need it and nukes the fuck out of them.

Cannibis grows fine in most any soil. Fox farm is just an over priced pot snob buzz word. its no more special than Starbucks Coffee.

Your plants look beautiful by the way!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanks guys, they need the transplant definitely. They're all bagseed I've been saving. The hydro shop owner gave me these nutes to try, anyone ever used these?

Attached Files:

7. Not sure of sex yet, any suggestions other than preflowers to tell?

8. nope, preflowers/flowers are the only way.

no clue about that RXgreen stuff. besides

A. wish it had the N/P/K on the micro. but the veg and bloom looks good.

B. its for hydroponics so use it sparingly (1/8-1/4 strength every few ..or more, waterings) as your soil will have most of the nutrients already. unlike hydro which you have to feed everything from the bottle.

9. Thanks, reading up on them it says it's for soil or hydro. Plus the guy gave them to me to try. He said he'd just gotten them to. They also came with a watering schedule to. So will they Work or should I buy fox farm?

Attached Files:

10. I just recently transplanted from MG to FFHF. I went from Mg with to high a ph to ffhf with too low ph. I added lime in my water and leveled outthe ph. Plants are happier than hell right now. For $20 per 2 cubic ft for happy frog I won't use mg again which I used in my mix for over ten yrs. Don't know why MG was giving me trouble recently but I'll not leave it to chance again. Wasted too much time and$.