Transplanting during flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stoned budda, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Going to soil for the first time...Using ox farm ocean forest....was wondering if you can start the plants in 2 gallon pots and transfer after determining sex into 5 gal. pots without stressing the plant too much. I want to start 8 seedling got room for 5 5 gal pots in my new grow local.

2. sure you can. as a matter of fact, making a switch to a larger container after sexing is a good idea. no sense in doing all that work for a male. there really isn't all that much stress involved in x-planting as long as you're careful.

3. Should i start in a 1 or 2 gal.

4. it's up to you. remember 1 gallon of medium per foot of growth. personally, i do 2 gallon. from that i go to 5.

• Like Like x 1

5. Yeah, i stopped out at HTG today ang decided on 1 gal. grow bags and some light warrior seed starter. From that i will transplant into 5 gal. pots filled with ocean forrest.

6. Youll want to transplant them again once they are over a foot tall with 1 gal.

7. Its a good idea. I sexed my plants then put them in new big pots, and they both grew like 1.5 feet in a week and a half lol it was crazy. After sexing came a huge burst of growth, i can only imagine that it was because of the roots getting lots of room

8. Its very common for plants to go through a massive growth spurt the first thirty days of the flowering period, at least its always been my experience.