Transplanting after flowering for 3 weeks..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jh30904, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Hey, GC,

I have 2 that I have decided are suffering from the soil they are in. I've tried CalMag because they both showed signs of Calcium/Magnesium deficiency, and after almost 2 weeks of use with proper measurements, they didn't seem to improve. Is there anyway I can get all of the dirt off of their roots and put them in better soil at this point in their life?

-All responses much appreciated!

2. Not likely without hurting the plants. Post pics for more suggestions.

3. so, you can tell how the pics with the fan leaves still there was the earliest photos, roughly 2 & 1/2 wks ago. Within a week/week & 1/2, the brown rust spots came, and you're looking at what it did. -Had to remove most all fan leaves, as they were destroyed by what I think is a Calcium or Magnesium deficiency, but after using that for a week or a little longer, I didn't see it totally clear up. I just flushed both pots (there are only 2), about two days ago. My friend provided me with the soil and he tried a few outside not too long ago with the same soil and said his were showing the same symptoms. i would guess these are 3 weeks into flowering and are totally stunted as you can see.. Not even as tall as my hand, stretched out. What buds are on there look to be pretty frosty, but at the very top of the smaller plant, it looks like the deficiency is getting to it, as the new "fingers" protruding from the top are brown-tipped and brown veined. Please give me some ideas or thoughts/suggestions you may have.. All is appreciated!

Attached Files:

4. -Correction- These are all the latest photos. Didn't include the pics of them when they actually looked like a plant, haha.

5. Phosphorus deficiency can cause damage like that. You should check the soil pH if you haven't yet.

6. Looks like bad lighting and watering to me. Describe setup please

7. id make sure the ph is between 6.5 and 7. Dont just test the water's ph, test the soil's ph. You have to ofset the ph up or down by the water and nutrients added. flush them once, and give them flowering nutrients. I dont know if you've been giving them nutes or not, but after you flush give them half what is called for then slowly increase to full.

8. #8 jh30904, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
    Bringing back the link... I'm REEEAAAALLLLY pissed about what has happened to these 2 Purp Urk plants that started off great. I noticed deficiency within 2 weeks of flowering, then started Cal/Mag. Only noticed improvement when I watered EACH & EVERY day.. -Went out of town the other day, only for 2 days....watered and Nutrient-treated plants that shoulda been sufficient for a couple days.... Came back, opened cabinet, and my stomach sunk. Brown, shriveled tips, almost completely stunted, and calyxes are brown at the tip on the actual "flowers" (from where I read that a Calcium or Magnesium deficiency shouldn't affect buds, only fans & such..is this accurate?) -Got RO water (no BPA) and I continue to add the appropriate amt of Cal/Mag to each watering... 3-4 weeks later and the browning of the plants only start back when I don't water EVERY DAY. Is it necessary in the flowering stage to give the most water you can, or what? My friend is babysitting a few "youngins" with the same type soil (Fox Farm) and noticed stunting within a few weeks... My H2O ph is neutral (6.5-7), which I read is ideal. If the soil seems to be problematic, how do I test, and/or change the PH of the soil??

-As always, any input greatly appreciated!! Thanks guys!!