Transplantation questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shroombie, Mar 7, 2021.

1. 20210306_235221.jpg

So this is currently my situation. I had a lot of seeds that never seemed to pop so I threw all of them in one pot. Now, 9 of them has popped so far and I want to move them to their own pots. Last time I tried to transplant (really just tried to center it in the same pot) the seedling died even tho I was careful with the roots and I couldn't understand why. This time it seems even more complicated since they are all in the center of the same pot. So if you have any advice on how to get this done right, please help.

Should I do it as fast as possible or should I give it some time?
    Should I water them before or right after the transplantation?
    Is it necessary to use some root boosting solution or are they overrated?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. The sooner the better as the tap root only gets longer each day that passes.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. I'd just dig up them all up in one big scoop, maybe using both hands...then spread them out gently on flat surface and separate them. They're probably not tangled together much yet. I don't think any rooting stuff is necessary. I'd still be giving plain water at this point and start on 1/8 str nutes in a few days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bongsauce has the right idea but I will add when you dig out soak in water real good that will make roots release from each other a lot more safely. You can use the water to gently rinse off the soil from the roots to separate. This happens to me every year on my vegetables I start indoors early. Water is your friend in this case big time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I see a lot of germination problems on this forum. I'm going to have to send them your way.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. yeah this is definitely your best chance at them surviving.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks guys!
    They all seem well now days after the transplant and both my tents are so full I don't even have space for a circulating fan. 20210314_115853.jpg
    20210314_115901.jpg

And I even have 1 extra.

The circulating fan is outside and oscillating and occasionally blowing some wind on both tents:
    20210314_115841.jpg

Soaking them in water was a really great idea and I would probably have messed everything up without it. Before, I used to kind of drag the seedlings out (even though cautiously after emptying some around it) from the soil and it always killed the seedling.

I'm gonna get HIGH this summer!

8. Shelves are your friend.
    IMG_5257.JPG IMG_5259.JPG

• Like Like x 2