Transplant Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jimmydude, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Okay so this is really a short and simple question on what you guys think i should do. Is it better to slightly overwater if my plant needs to be transplanted now? or should i wait until it needs watering and pray that the plant doesn't get any worse from having no food? It is in a 1 gallon pot right now and definitely needs to be transplanted into a 5 gallon pot since i spotted some deficiencies showing up in the older growth.

2. Well, I think soil is easier to work with when it's dry and cakey personally. When it's moist, it'll probably fall apart a lot easier.

Either way, you could just water the new soil it's going into and transplant it now and it'd probably be fine. Just keep an eye on your plant for signs of underwatering.

3. i water every 4 days just about and it's been 3 days since i watered last, do you think the soil will stick together well enough to transplant successfully? the top of the soil is dry but it still feels a little moist about an inch down