Transplant procedure

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Patricia Clemons, Jan 22, 2019.

1. I read Transplanting Your Marijuana Plants - Grasscity Magazine and it says dont water a day or two before but make sure its moist.. derp well itll be dry two days before heh.

It says to not put them in strong light after transplant, if i am following a 18/6 would it be best to transplant at night then? I thought the light would help them thru the stress, and it also says do not disturb roots, i was going to loosen the bottom a little. Not detrimental i hope!

What are your all methods?

Thanks for reading!
    Ciao

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You dont have to disturb roots but its not detrimental, lights being out doesnt matter because it usually will take them more than a day to get over the transplant. I do however water immediately with some root juice to help re-duce shock

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Transplanting just after lights out is a good idea so they can recover while resting. Have your new pots reafy with the soil at the proper height. Take your solo cup and put your hand on top of the cup with the stem between your fingers and tip upside down. Do not disturb the roots and put in the new pot while gently holding the root mass with your other hand and gently place soil around the root mass till covered.;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. [​IMG]

Invert and push on bottom of cup and let plant slide out into your waiting hand.
    Install in new larger pot like the one on the left and place soil around old well fill root cube. No need to pack the soil as it will fill and compact when it's watered.
    Water thoroughly by placing in an inch of water and let it wick up into the new pot for 30 minutes. Can top water if you want.
    Do NOT mess with the root ball as it WILL shock the plant.
    No special care needed if you didn't hurt the roots. Mine go right back under the T5 High outputs at point blank distance and never miss a beat.

Square pots help promote better root branching IME and the plants don't form the ring coil of roots at the bottom of the pot like round pots seem to cause.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  5. Oi okie! My initial plan was to (an hour after lights come on) water the 5 gal soil pot, then make a hole, then place trans-plant into said hole and leave.

6. Roots shall not be touched!

7. Thanks as well

• Like Like x 1
  8. They shouldn’t be too stressed if i don’t mess with the roots mid day

9. No they will be fine

10. BrassNwood was dead on.
    When I transplant mine I'll add a couple of drop of Root stimulator and a drop of Liquid Thrive and mt girls never show a sign of stress and i'll transplant in the morning so that they have plenty of time to recoup before lights out.

11. [​IMG][​IMG]

Is this root stimulator?? Or is this something for hydroponics.

I would think a fresh batch of ffof would be sufficient. Do you guys transplant into a dry pot then water? Or fill pot with soil then water it so it sinks, then put the plant in?

12. Does anybody mist their plants (leaves) during veg as the lights go out?

13. Just transplant and water after. Not that hard. Just scares everyone

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. What I do is to get my water ready as I said above. And get my soil ready and make a hole in the soil and soak it good with the water place the plant in the hole cover over and water again and that's it. and my plants never show any signs of being stressed, They just take off from there.

Say new beginners need to check this site out pretty cool here is the link let me know what ay thing.
    I just ordered the 5 gal setup A complete kit for growing your own. Just add water and sunshine.

15. This. Take a few tokes and just do it. Takes like 5 seconds and you'll have a laugh afterwards when you realize how easy it was.