Transplant plants from MG seed starter soil to Fox Farm Ocean Forrest?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by deadkndys, Mar 20, 2012.

1. So my question is that would it harm my plants if I transplant them from Miracle Gro seed starter mix to Fox farm Ocean Forrest?

2. I'm gonna do the same but I'm transplanting to organic woodbark shit I got from home depot... Will my plant be good???

3. Damn, popular topic tonight. I posted a similar question earlier. I hope this will be ok because I started germination last night with bagseed via the wet paper towels in a container method and I don't have the funds yet for FF. So hopefully they either won't sprout until the end of the week when I can afford FF or they won't be harmed by starting in MG and transplanting into FF.

4. That is not the best possible scenario.

Seedlings are very delicate and may not live in the Miracle Gro chemical laden soil. With that being said, I'm sure you're not the first to do it. I would suggest if you have any Perlite, you could mix it 2/1 to cut it down until you could pick up some FF. Good luck.

5. Their seed starter soil isn't that bad guys... I used it for mine, transplanted to Fox Farms Happy Frog, and Ocean Forest (14 plants, so we had room to experiment with the soil mix.) Plants look great, they're actually pretty big I need to update the journal again.

I would start them in the seed starter, in solo cups, then transplant. Preferably mix some Fox Farms at the bottom/middle area.

6. You're referring to the MG seed starter? Just wanted to clarify. Thanks.

7. Well, I only have a two weeks or growing experience, but I can tell you I started my seeds in a FFOF/Perlite/Moss, 4/2/2 mixed ratio. I'm not 100% sure that my seedlings suffered nutrient burn from the FFOF, but they did have slight burn marks here and there on their first set of leaves. I had read that FFOF could be too hot for seedlings/young plants if used alone. I haven’t fed them any nutrients, so my guess was it is FFOF that caused the burns. My issue was/is minor and didn’t continue to progress beyond the leaf tips. My plants are thriving and are two weeks old now. You can click on the link in my signature to see photos. Good luck and I hope someone with more experience can give you a definite answer.

8. Yep, I'll update my journal in a second if you wanna see how well its worked for me? I think the seed starter soil really helped them get their roots in there fast, it worked BETTER than the FFOF as a seedling soil for me, because it didn't give any nutrient burn.

9. That would be fantastic. Thanks for the advice. I was thinking the same thing about the nute burn. Glad it worked out for you. I checked my germing seeds this morning (bagseed) and see at least two of them are starting to split and I can see some white! I hope that means a little white rocket is forthcoming.