Transplant or not?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by blazinhazemist, Feb 19, 2013.

1. image.jpg .
    Does she look ready to transplant into a 3 gal pot or should I wait a few more days or even longer?

2. Look at your drainage holes at the bottom of the pot can you see roots?? If so transfer to new pot

3. sometimes the roots will start going in circles, and you can't see them through the bottom. i'd bet a shiny nickel that the bottom is got a butt-load of roots. i'd x-plant now personally.

4. I started with a pot that didn't have drain holes, beginner mistake, u think she is ready though?

5. they look good to me! (drill some holes.)

6. Awesome man thanks, ill be transplanting tonight then!

7. Yeah.. it looks like overwatering to me. You need drainage holes. How often do you need to water? If its more then a week I'd give it some time to correct itself and get to a normal (3-5 day) wet/dry cycle.

Also I like to put rocks (purchased from the store) in the bottom of the pot to help drainage and keep the roots off the cold ground.

8. Also I like to put rocks (purchased from the store) in the bottom of the pot to help drainage and keep the roots off the cold ground.

Why purchase rocks from the store?

Just wondering.

J

9. I have broken pottery shards in the bottoms of my planters - they're broken down to about the diameter size of marbles more or less and layered about an inch thick coming off the bottoms. I almost bought some store rocks but then remembered I had a cracked pottery planter that would recycle for that just fine.

10. I put rocks from the store so I don't transfer any nasty pathogens from outside into my room

11. putting rocks in the bottom of your container isn't gonna do much to help with drainage. putting perlite mixed thoroughly with your medium will help your drainage a lot! those rocks get/hold cold too.

12. I'd say transplant her. My plant looked like that when roots were poking out of the drainage holes and when I transplanted it, it perked right up and grew quickly.