Transplant / Light Cycle Issue

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smudman, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Hi

I came home the other day from a 3 day trip and saw my plant had suffered from ph or N problem, so I flushed the plant. It instantly recovered and started to look healthy again, but this morning I noticed that the middle fan leaves was drooping. The pot felt kinda light so I watered. This evening there was no reaction so I figured I was overdue for a transplant.

I soaked the plants soil pretty good, and the new soil pretty good and waited a little bit before transplanting. Went pretty good and gave it a little water to mix with it's new soil. Only thing is I did this only a few hours before my light cycle is set to switch off, which I keep off for 6 hours.

Now my plant is recently flushed and watered heavily after transplant and no light to dry the soil out. I kinda panic'ed and switched the lights back on after about 30 minutes. Now I'm afraid of both overwatering AND stressing the plant with the sudden light change. It's probably already stressed from the transplant. What should I worry more about here? Any tips? Will I end up with hermies?

Thanks!

2. You should be fine your in vegg. Extra light won't hurt them at this point. Many people keep the lights on throughout the vegg cycle

3. Thanks! That helps to put my mind at ease.

I used to run 24hr cycle until about 2nd week of veg. Switched to 18/6. Figured they might get weirded out by only having half an hour of darkness for a day, but I want it to quickly recover from the transplant also.

4. Don't stress buddy!
    They're strong little plants and can take quite a beating.
    Let her have her normal sleep pattern so you can keep it on the same routine.
    You'll be surprised how much she will love you for letting her stretch her roots out.

Only thing is make sure not to make a habit of choppin' and changing a lot.
    Just take it slow man, we all make mistakes :)

Happy growing mate.

p.s, what strain have you got going and would you mind throwing some pictures up? ;)
    And have you considered making a grow journal?

5. #5 Smudman, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
    Thanks! I worry too much maybe:)

I have two Skunk#1 about 4 weeks into veg.

I've thought about making a grow journal. but I don't have a good camera right now.

The one on the left was transplanted directly into the bigger pot after first transplant. It hasn't been doing well, stunted growth and small leaves on the bottom. But is coming around now. The one on the right was transplanted into a smaller one which I just took it out of. It's been doing great all the way until I tried to give it nutes without checking the PH.

I've also weighed them down a bit which worked really great for the right one. It has a couple of new tops developing nicely.

Attached Files:

6. Hey, it's pretty hard not to worry too much about your little babies, haha.

They're looking nice man, look like they're bouncing back well :)
    That's part of the growing experience dude, you gotta make mistakes and learn from them.

I'm excited to see what comes of these, you should put up a journal man!
    Even if you don't have the greatest quality camera, you can still see the difference from day to day :)
    And journals are great for your own personal records, you can always come back to it and check when you started feeding, training, transplants ect.

Anyway, keep it up and enjoy the ride that is growing :)