Transplant again? - Root Growth

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DontPassOnGrass, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Hello All, I currently have a cabinet grow of 2 Northern Lights plants.

The two plants were planted October 12th so they are coming up on one month old, 4 weeks. I first planted them in the regular party cup, transplanted to 1.5 gallon. then I transplanted most recently to 3 gallon pots...they are having amazing growth and are very healthy, each is about 10 inches tall

my question is, they have once again grown to the bottom of the pot, their roots are 1/4 an inch sticking out from each of the mainy drainage holes. This isnt a bad thing i know, im just wondering if once again i transplant them into say a 5 gallon pot, wont they just outgrow that one too until the gallon size is ridiculous?

So can i let them continue to grow for another 5~ weeks in the 3 gallon pot with their roots hanging out or continue to transplant and grow endlessly in larger pots? I only have 3.5ft~ for plant growth...

any opinions, comments or suggestions? thanks

2. 1 gallon soil = 1 month growth before becoming root bound.
    1 gallon soil = 1 foot of growth

Or something like that. Of course these are just guidelines. Your plant will continue to grow as long as it's alive, so just plan on flowering soon. I go from 1 gallon planters to 5 gallon planters.

3. thanks :)

any other comments?

4. my plants are 1 month old, around 10inch tall+LST, i have crazy root growth, thire in 5 galon pots and still coming out from drange holes!!! i have no space for biger pots!! what should i do?? is it okay to leave them where they are or i must trasplant??

5. i don't see how a 10inch plant can have roots comin out the drain holes of a 5gallon bucket are the holes in the sides or somethin?

6. yup the drange holss are on the sides at the bottom of the pot.. 1 pic is roots befor i transplant into 5 galon pot. 2nd pic the plant in the 5 galon pot.. 3rd pic root comming out from hole.. plz helpppppppppp

Attached Files:

7. any body have any idea on wats goin on with this plant??

8. I cannot say, it is odd that it's close to 2 months old and only working on its 6th or 7th node.

Water, light, nutrients... I dunno, something is out of whak. Could just be the bean gene. I dunno man, but I say start flowering and hope for the best. Invest in a "zym" solution to break down the dead roots and encourage microbiotics. Not much else you really can do.

9. #9 norml56, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
    could be due to lack of water and the roots when looking for more. Or when you transplanted. That really doesn't look like a 5 gallon pot from the pics more like a 3. Could be wrong about that tho. how much dirt was left under the plant after you transplanted? I'm not sure i would even waste the 2 months flowering that thing. You could have a plant back to that stage of growth is way less time and end up with an actual harvest. Unless you got sep rooms.

10. maybe becouse i didnt water my plant after i transplanted, i did after couple of days of transplanting. or maybe becouse i water them to quickly so all the water was going on the wall!! i dunno im just getting worried that its a root bound?? and that will effect my harvest,, anyway thnx guys for u help..really appreciate it

as u guys said i cant help it,, i will just let it go and see,,,