Transitioning plant from Hydro to Soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Justadad, Sep 4, 2013.

1. When a plant is started & grown in an "Hydro" environment and then its clone is placed into a "Soil" environment, is there a "transition" period where the plant has to "adjust" to soil? Or will it grow the same?

2. The only issue you'll have is the Ph I think hydro Ph is more acidic so you might have to use some Ph up and down technical skill but other than that you'll be fine.

I could be wrong.

If your doing more than one clone try one to start and do nothing other than rooting hormone and put it in soil. If it fails then you may need to do some Googling

Sent from my HTC Desire using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Appreciate the advice. I guess I may be mis-understood.

Here's the scenario.....

Step 1.........clone from dispensary which is grown in "Hydro"

Step 2.........After rooting clone to "soil".....does it take a generation or 2 before it grows/produces just as good as when in Hydro or better? Does the genetics growth pattern change from Hydro to soil? This is the 3rd harvest from the original mama plant, 1st two were nothing much to speak of. Now this generation (in my makeshift greenhouse) seems to be doing outstanding.

Hence the question

4. I have not a single clue.

5. I couldn't tell you mate. Could just be weak clones and this time you got a good one.

if we all had a smoke, we wouldn't need war

6. I used to root n rockwool n plant directly n soil w most doin fine n occasionally one wuld hav trans shok but nothin to worry bout. Hydro is ment for speed n yeild. All strains perform difrently n soil. Genetics wont mutate ovr such a subtle change. Put it bak n hydro n shuld b same as b4.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. There is no needed transition other than planting the clone. It probably wont grow exactly the same in soil, but if the genetics are good then the weed grown should be good as well.

8. Yeah, there's no genetic shift caused by moving from hydro to soil.  There may be some transplant shock upon initial transplant, but the plants should recover and grow normally.  If you are seeing better growth on successive generations, it is more likely that you are getting better at taking care of your plants than anything else.