Transitioning from indoor to outdoor

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Busterjangles, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Hello everyone.... I am in a bit of a bind and I need advice. I popped my beans a month ago, started them out in solo cups under 18/6 using T5's. I'm located near the east coast not far from the ohio boarder. My plan is to take them from indoor to outdoor as soon as I can but I am uncertain about how to go about transitioning them outdoors. The change in light cycle from indoor to outdoor is my primary concern. However, I would also appreciate any feedback and guidance that anyone could provide about any other issues that I might encounter. Please help!!!

2. use a timer and slowly adjust so its the sameish.

The main issue will be acclimatizing them to direct sunlight. Dont rush it and work them up to a full day outside. The sun is so much more intense than a light.

3. Thank you so much for the response. Is it safe to assume that as long as they have more than 12 hrs of light outdoors, I should not have to worry about triggering flowering?

4. #4 Lucky Luke, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    nope..12/12 is an inside flowering time scale not an out door one. About 13 and 1/2 hrs is around flowering time outdoor.

have a read of this Finishing times, Photoperiod, Latitude, and how it all works!!

5. Thanks so much Lucky!!!! I read the thread that you posted and it was extremely informative. So, if my interpretation is correct, as long as they've got more than 13 1/2 hrs of light or more I should remain in veg and not have a problem with them flowering on me? Also, based upon your advice, I will use a timer and slowly take them from 18/6 to a photoperiod that is sameish as outdoors while simultaneously acclimating them to outdoors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GL with your grow