Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Transgender HRT and Cannabis use.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Robin M.R., Mar 18, 2021.

1. Hello im a male to female trans woman. I've been going through HRT (hormone replacement therapy) for the last 4 months and I have been smoking weed everyday. I wanted to ask if there are any trans women here, and what your experience with cannabis was like while going through HRT?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. Please note that I am going to bring this up to my doctor.

3. #3 Storm Crow, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    A friend of mine was F to M transgender and he used cannabis. It didn't seem to affect anything (except to help him deal with his VERY religious mother.)

There are a few early studies dealing with cis-gendered people and their sex hormone levels. Unfortunately, I could find no studies that deal with your specific situation, but cannabis does not seem to lower or raise hormone levels. This study put it rather simply-

Effects of chronic marijuana use on testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, prolactin and cortisol in men and women Effects of chronic marijuana use on testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, prolactin and cortisol in men and women - PubMed

“Chronic marijuana use showed no significant effect on hormone concentrations in either men or women.”

However, female hormones apparently have an effect on the high.

Cannabis study suggests women may need less THC to get to the same effects as men

Cannabis study suggests women may need less THC to get to the same effects as men

"For example, there’s evidence that estrogen (a sex hormone) influences the metabolism of THC, which could explain some of the sex differences in the metabolism of THC we see."

Wish I had more for you, hon. But I'll give you some good basic advice- take good care of yourself. Eat a healthy diet and take your Omega 3 (you need Omega 3 to make the CB1 receptors that THC activates to get you high :GettingStoned:).

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 5
  4. Since you are open about your journey can I ask why you feel the need to be a gender you were not born?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. It really doesn't matter, and there definitely is no need to judge. This is a medical thread.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I was curious. I’ve never been in a situation where I could ask this question in a neutral setting. This is probably why no one asks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Hey granny, so as for me as a male I could get the supply to last me longer if I use estrogen?

Good news !

Good luck on finding information thread starter :)

8. strange thread ....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for the tip

10. Ever since I was very young I wanted to be female. I was always felt jealous of my female peers. Its like an itch you can't scratch. I decided to take the plunge and go on HRT. Im very happy with my decision.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yes OP you should be fine to smoke weed. They will give you testosterone blockers as well.