Transcendence and the experience of God

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by TheJourney, Aug 6, 2011.

1. #21 TheJourney, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
    Well, the idea is for their to be a constant flow of thoughts, feelings, and experience. Sort of the way all of existence functions, yet without any identity, which is the real thing that limits potential experience. Attaching to a story about yourself.

Yes this is true. That's an interesting point, too. Is being "confused," in the sense of being somewhere totally different in your head, really a bad thing? It only is a problem when you allow it to be, usually because of interaction with the outside world, in which they try to make you feel that way.

2. #22 esseff, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
    I'm not sure you need a constant flow of thoughts though. I agree about feeling and experience of course. For me, when being still and in the moment, there should be nothing but awareness. I know I'm having an experience, and I'm aware of feeling things relating to it. And as I move through the experience I want to manifest a combination of authentic listening, where I really hear what's being said, and from myself, direct, honest expression, and have no idea what I'm going to say until I say it.

There are usually no thoughts, and if one should appear during the active listening phase and I decide I want to hold onto it, I'm no longer really listening anymore as I need to focus on it in order to keep it ready to be revealed at the earliest opportunity. But if I let it go, return to a state of no mind, then I may get to ask it at some point, but it doesn't really matter as I've also let it go.

I can accept what may appear to be confusion as merely being a different perspective. I don't always need to be right, or to show that I know something, even though I usually do, and it can be really interesting to let someone assume they've inferred something correctly about me when they clearly haven't. I don't see it as a bad thing provided one accepts when one simply doesn't know.