Trans-dimensional gateways?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Gooch_Goblin69, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Ok so my friends dad who is a pastor told us something very strange. He said weed and mushrooms are "trans-dimensional gateways" and when you are on them demons and satan can influence you or something he was very vague on this , this coming from a pretty much traditional christian pastor (but he has preformed exocisms so he may be a bit on the extreme side). I think that he is just basing this off his own terribly scracy experiences with mushrooms as a teen.

Anyone else heard anything like this?

2. I would think that if you happened to be in the presence of demonic forces you would be more suceptable(sp?) to them under the influence of a psychotropic substance, since your mind's more open.

Even then it's still open as to whether or not you believe in demons, of course. Which if you do assumes a lot. I believe in ghosts, or spirits, and believe 'demons' to be anything from multi-dimensional beings to just pissed off souls who got trapped on earth after death. Or enjoyed being such a dick when they were alive that they wanted to be a dick for all eternity.

Edit: I must say for a priest 'trans-dimensional' is a more uncommon term. Especially an exorcist. It's usually just 'the devil's work'.

3. Your friends dad sounds like a fuckin chump. I hate christians who make shit up off the top of their head to make drugs sound bad and put religon behind it so no one will argue with them. Fuck him.:mad:

4. hey who are you going to believe, your friends dumb ass father...or me jesus.
    oh yeah and tell your friends dad to read the bible sometime

5. care to expand thats a pretty vague statement

6. "God said, 'Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat.' … And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good." (Genesis 1:29-31)

just figured you'd look at my sig

7. #7 skippyluvs, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009
    pffffffffff

Yeah and I heard that when you eat hard boiled eggs there is a 1/8th nanosecond moment where your liver cells that are converting the churned egg nutrients reach the 580th dimension, it's so fast though that you just don't notice it happen. More importantly this also occurs because your liver cells are not connected to any sentient apparatus such as your brain cells, so it has been said. Ah but to the best part, your liver cells when in this state at this moment in time then communicate with the most grandious fruit gods. These gods are twin siblings of the gods that most ancient greeks and romans worshiped and also intriguingly important is that these same fruit gods that your liver cells visit for 1/8th of a nanosecond are said to be second cousins of the christian god. At this moment in time your liver cells are deamed to be in a state of trance so unparalleled and unfamiliar that many priests say these are beyond demonic and apocolyptic resonations. Some say there is no words to describe such a state.

And so it was told by my priest ali baba.

Again... pffffff :)

8. and mushrooms?

9. I think it can be interpreted many different ways, being that I'm not a christian I personally believe that whatever comes into nature naturally, meaning as long as we didn't have our sticky fingers in on its creation, is good. Now that I've said that everything natural is good, doesn't mean you should go out and chow down on some hemlock or go give a black mamba a kiss, I'm just saying anything that is here given to us by the earth that seems or is of use to us the people of the sun, that why shouldn't we use, and why should we demonize it...because some country boy pastor couldn't handle his booms, not even his bud.

I mean when you're stoned do you feel like you are in a demonic parallel dimension under the control of evil

10. Of course satan and demons influence you when your on weed or hallucinogens, who did you think was opening your mind so much? God? If i remember correctly, it was the serpent who influenced adam and eve to eat from the tree of knowledge, thus opening their minds.

Come on over to the dark side.

11. Well in a way he is sort of right, but he is one sided. While shrooms and weed are "trans-dimensional gateways" in certain ways, negative feelings and emotions can be overwhelming, especially from a massive anxiety attack from being too high, or tripping a nightmare on shrooms. I can sure as hell tell you that I found a very dark and negative side about me on shrooms. You could call these demons and satan symbolizing these horrible thoughts. But shrooms and weeds can overcome you with very positive emotions and states of being, such as peace, understanding, enlightemnet, harmony, happiness, the list goes on. To me, both are wonderful creatures that should be charished, deeply respected, and used wisely.

12. I actually like the open mindedness of this preacher cause most believers tend to think one sided like it's either heaven or hell but never an in between. This is definitely an in between.

13. read Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley. it has nothing to do really with the garden of eden or the tree of knowledge of good and evil, although its relevant to the topic, well about good and evil, or good and bad. even if you can't find a connection between the two it's still a great read and makes you think twice about getting high all the time, if you have read the book and don't know it Aldous Huxley while being a christian was an explorer of physcidelics and other drugs which gives the book a whole new meaning after I read it a few more times

14. you know in all my years of tripping and getting high I've never had a bad experience with shrooms, now I've seen some weird shit and thought some weird things, but I've never had a "bad" trip. so I can see where shrooms might give people negative feelings, but it may also have to do with society demonizing it and making it a bad thing, so in eating shrooms and tripping you know you are doing a "bad" thing, which may lead to worse thoughts and a negative trip. NEVER have I thought this about bud

15. It is an interesting question that was recently touched upon on the Coast to Coast AM show, 2nd and 3rd hours at http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2009/07/27

Technically what the pastor friend of yours was talking about is not covered in any of the Bible books. That dosen't mean that it is true or not. There are lots of things in the spiritual realm that are not covered directly in the Bible. That said Jesus, as portrayed in the Bible, certainly believed and preached about demonic possession and oppression.
    The problem occurs when people like that pastor state things with authority such that people who are ignorant assume that they are telling them the truth. So you are doing absolutely the correct thing, investigating what he is telling you, just as the bible instructs people to do.

16. I went to a pretty different high school, it was cool, first name basis with the teachers, open lunch it was great, well this one time a girl did a project on different religions, great potential but she was an idiot and mucked it up, well to make a long story shorter, she had a multiple faith panel, she failed at this too, she had a baptist pastor or whatever they are, an atheist...I tried explaining to her that an atheism isn't a faith, but I can see why she wanted one, a Buddhist and she wanted an imam but the nearest mosque is about 30 minutes away and dude didn't feel like coming. so day of the panel comes and only the Buddhist and the Baptist show, now I had the option to not go but I saw a sitcom in this so I went.

anyways there were tons of questions asked, and the Buddhist did a great job of explaining his beliefs without stamping on others, boy was he cool....now the pastor man that guy was a dick, he looked the Buddhist in the eye and told him before he left that if he didn't revert his ways, and acknowledge Jesus Christ as his lord and savor he would burn in the fires of hell for all eternity, Buddhist guy responds with well if thats what you want to believe....

and the pastor went on further to say to me that I shouldn't wear a shirt that says lamb of god because it would be my damnation, before the guy could go on further, he was asked to leave. Funny thing was that the pastor was the girls pastor.

I guess what it comes down to is most christian fundamentalists will say and preach whatever they believe is right, they'll also make shit up, and twist "gods" word around. in my experience with people like this that is

17. Who says shrooms aren't a gateway to the angels?

Just sayin. This shit can take you pretty much anywhere, visiting heaven or hell is relatively tame stuff.....

18. yeah man it's tame until you eat a 1/4 oz....best 4th of July ever

19. I tripped on the 4th as well. 9 caps of cubensis, i connected with the nature spirits in the woods, ran in the woods naked and discovered that ancient man only invented clothing so that when he ran through the forest his weiner wouldn't get hit and when he climbed in the bush, plants wouldn;t tickle his gooch. I could interpet this as some osrt of trans-dimensional mind connection with ancient man or was it just me going insane in the woods? Who's to say....