Trainwreck

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by chiozan, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Hello everyone. This is a journal for all to watch me go through my TW as I flower the mother and the growth of my beautiful clones. Hope you enjoy the next month's of grow and eventually the final product of course. Ok a little about this grow. First off this mom to my clones is an experiment I started to see if this settup will work. I was learning about hydroponics and wanted to try this DWC (Deep Water Culture) settup on a small scale. I was wondering how it would work out and if I could even do it. Come to find out, much to my deleight, I CAN :hello:. The clones were a nice suprise from a lollipopping I did a while back. She was getting to much undergrowth and needed to have her skirt lifted a bit to get air under her. Didn't want mold u know. I had 5 possible candidate's for clones only 3 took and survived. I can't complain though for now instead of 1 plant I have 4 and 3 were from just basic maintance. The mom or the experiment is not real large. she is in 3 gallons of water/solution res with a small air pump and little air stone. She is beeing fed General hydroponics nutrients as are all my plants. I built all my hydroponic settups myself. The experimental settup is very crude with a home made net pot from an old turkey container I painted black with flat black paint. The medium is rocks form my backyard gravel. I boiled them first to sterelize them. I know I will prolly get some greif for that but hey when you are experimenting with something you keep it as simple as possible. On that note for my Clones and soon to be full time settup. They are in 10 gallon tote's with 8 gallons of actual solution. 12" air stones and very nice air pumps. Each plant has it's own 36"x36"x72" tent. With a 400w mh/hps light. Heat in the rooms sit right around 85 to 87 degree's max. Which considering I live in a state where summers get in the 115's it's pretty good. Each has it's own CF and there is no smell at all. I am a MMJ patient and I am autherized to cultivate. So this is legit. Ok here are the photo's hope you enjoy.

I did have a little nute burn on my clones btw. Very minor mind you but it was present so I cut my nutes back this week to see if it remedies the problem.

TW Week 2 flower Bud forming and she looking very nice.

[​IMG]

Here's her in her box

[​IMG]

Here's her outside waiting for her new solution. Very pretty green.:)

[​IMG]

All Clones are 1 week old in thier hydro settups.

Clone 1

[​IMG]

Clone 2

[​IMG]

Clone 3 This one was about dead when she went into her hydro settup. She was yellow and I didn't think she would make it. But as you can see she pulled through.

[​IMG]

2. Hey guys I know it's been a while since I have posted and sorry I don't have any 2 week photo's as I am busy as shit lately. But I did get some beautiful 3 week shots for ya of the lovely clones for ya all. These things have gotten massive. These are 3 week old clones in a DWC settup in a 3'x3' box. Anyways enjoy.

Clone 1
    [​IMG]

Clone 2
    [​IMG]

Clone 3
    [​IMG]

3. I'll have a new picture on sunday for week 4 for ya all.... Lights are out and forgot to get a few this am. Doing nute changes and such so I'll get some tomorrow and get the picts posted =)

4. Hey guys and gals here are the new photo's of week 4 Trainwreck clones. Not sure why but all are growing at different rates even though they are all from the same mother. Hope u enjoy.

This is my largest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My second largest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my smallest this one is the one I didn't think would make it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So there you have it first time hydroponics in a DWC.

5. nice stuff, those are some masssive stalks my man. how you get tem so thick?

6. I dunno bro after the first week in my settup they exploded with growth. Only thing I can think of is i just got lucky on my feed scheduel and just so happen to nail the perfect mix. Woulda been pure dumb luck as I have no real idea what I was doing. This is first hydro grow but, I did a ton of research prior. Looks like research payed off and I am happy bout it. On side note I am thinking of flower my largest next week it is touching all 4 sides of the 3'x3' tent already.

7. i tried the dwc once, water kept geting warm and slim was growing. ended up killing a baby

8. Ewww yeah that would pose a problem. I was worried bout that too but my totes only get about 68* or so 70* tops not warm ennough to grow alge. Plus if you keep the air going at an adequate rate the oxygen should keep it from growing alge too. But some ppl it works for others it don't. Like I said I think I got lucky. The size my plants are now they sucking down about 1 to 2 gallons of water a day it's crazy.

9. #9 Genocide, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
    how bigs the tote? how bigs the room? and wat are ur temp n humidex readings daily?

see it all at the top ^ ^ lol. i was using 5 gallon bucket and temps around 80-85, wierd

10. #10 chiozan, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
    oh bro I got my temps down to 77 degree's and humidity is 50% right now cause of monsoons only reason otherwise it runs right around 35%. Anyways I'll have more picts next week so keep watching and post if you like. Also will let ya know next week whether or not I am flowering my biggest one that I have named ~Meagan~

11. Hey all sorry no new picts atm. Just got home from hospital wife had a major car accident. I'll have some posted tomorrow for sure though.

12. Ok all back with the picts I put all 3 into flower. Megan went into flower on Tuesday and Georgia and Saundra went in on Thursday. They are all very large and very pretty.

This is Saundra

[​IMG]

This is Megan

[​IMG]

This is Georgia

[​IMG]

They are all very good looking girls. That is a 3'x3' tent so you can see how large they are. I wanted to get them a bit bushier but they are now over half way up the tent and I couldn't wait any longer. So I'll keep ya updated and enjoy.

13. how far above the plants u hang those 400's

14. and what ph do u run?

15. Heya Geno good to see ya. I am running those 400's about 12" from the top of the cannopy. I have a string with a weight on the end of it pre-measured so all i have to do is raise it. Very simple but effective meathod. As far as PH I like to keep my PH in the 5.8 to 6.0 range. I know exactly how much ph down to use when I fill my totes for new nutes and suplimental solution. But it never comes out the same so it's usually between 5.8 and 6.0. I mean 8 Gallons of tap water sitting for a few days with a bubbler and then nutrients and ph'ing it down can only get it so perfect.

16. Hey all little update plants streatched a bit running outa room in my tent lol. I always hope for huge cola's but damn these baby's gunna be to the top of the tent by the time they are done. Anyways will have new pictures Saturday or Sunday for the week 1 results of flowering.

17. Hello all I am back with photo's of week 1 flower. Now the fun begins hehe.

Plant #1 Megan

[​IMG]

Plant #2 Saundra

[​IMG]

And last but not least Plant #3 Georgia

[​IMG]

They are massive and the stalks are up to 2" in diameter now. Will have more photo's next week of week 2 and will show stalks and the massive root ball if you all would like.

18. main stalks 2 inches thick? holy shiat.

you should have a nice yield for sure.

19. Yea man I can't wait. I am predicting around 400 grams a plant but, we'll see. Next week I am gunna get some picts of the root ball and stalks again with a tape measure to show the size. Prolly use a soda can for a comparison to show how large these ladies are. Glad you enjoy the read and keep in touch.

20. anything with marijuana that you haveto compare to a popcan size is good :D