training

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by dave1113, Sep 14, 2006.

1. hey I'm gonna be workin with a real short space for my next grow and i was wondering if anyone here has experimented with training. I have about 1' to 16" of space vertically and plent of space horizontally to strech out. I was thinkin i could set up a system of thin poles in my grow box to sort of tie stems to bend and grow horizontally. I know theres plenty of information online to check out but I haven't heard much from actual experiences. If you've tried it tell me about your results or if you have anything to add feel free to post whatever.

Thanks

2. Im doing an LST method that seems to work well. My idea is to direct the vertical growth in a horizontal direction. It seems to be working great. I use light fixture covering (egg crate)and zip ties. I tied the egg crate to the top of the pot with the zip ties and then just laid the plant over onto the egg crate and tie with zips. I call it Max LST or MLST LOL. But any way it forces the plant to grow in a horizontal plane. And the branches can be directed to grow in any direction. The underside of the egg crate is open hanging over the dege of the pot and I think this will provide better air circulation. As far as vertical growth goes I estimate the plant and the pot will reach about 20 in high. This is totally dependent on how much you tie it down and when you stop training. I'm seeing spectacular results. This also helps with light penetration. The buds can be spread out over the rack. The key is to keep the canopy even and don't let one shoot grow taller than the others. I'm seeing dead even development in my bud sites with exception of the top growth tip which is filling a little thicker than the rest.

3. Pics did not load first time.

Attached Files:

4. Fuck one more time

Attached Files:

5. Damm thats a really sweet idea...Thanks alot for postin and great pics.

Good luck with the rest of your grow.