Training plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ThumbaIina, Nov 14, 2016.

1. When should I train my plants and what is the best method? This is my first grow, and I like the idea of topping a whole bunch of times. Ideas?

2. Topping multiple times is a good way to increase the amount of tops if you don't mind a bit of extra vegging time.
    Some strains don't like to be topped, LST (low stress training) is a better choice with them.

You should check out the plant training section, there's a ton of good info there.

• Like Like x 2
  3. So I wouldn't too and LST at the same time? I'm so confused lol. And I've looked into LST and it's kind of confusing to me lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. image.jpeg image.jpeg
    , it's quite easy, last grow I did I lst'd for the first time, and scrogged , I didn't start lst'ing til three weeks, have a look at some off my threads, posts, pics, this is the plant at three weeks too 7/8 weeks, it creates more bud heads and as your tying and bending an twisting everywhere, the main aim is too get an even canopy and the most bud heads at the same level

Attached Files:

5. #5 Ppkw, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  6. #6 Ppkw, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  7. That looks amazing! I want to LST but I still don't get it. Like how do I know what I want to bend down

8. You just bend down the tallest stalks to make the canopy level of your plant even and bushy.

• Like Like x 2
  9. all looks good, fabric smart pots are a better pick. keep air blowin for stem strength, don't over water! and ur off and running. harvest according to trychs , dont fuck up the cure, means everything

10. Just LST, no topping. Your plant will grow 20% faster without the shock topping causes.
    Drill a series of holes around the rim of your pot. Get some thick string. Thicker is better because it doesn't tend to cut into the stem.

Once your plant gets a little size grab the top with a piece of string and tie it down as low as you can without kinking the stem. Once you do that your lower branches will start to shoot out and up. In a few more days start grabbing those branches with string and pulling them horizontal. This causes mid level tops on the branches to reach up and become tops themselves.

Any time you see any tops getting ahead and above the others tie them down horizontal as you can again. Just keep spreading the plant as wide as you can. The tops will turn back up towards the light overnight. Pretty soon you have a big bush with 10-20 tops instead of a single stalk that blocks the light to much of the lower buds.

This is tying the top down.
    [​IMG]
    This is a few days later.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2