Trading Cannabis Stocks...

Discussion in 'General' started by svedka, Sep 19, 2018.

1. The Canadian cannabis stocks have been on fire in recent weeks. I made a few trades but got in a bit late yet they are still running wild if you check the charts. TLRY is up around 600% in recent weeks, months for example.
    //////////////////////////////////////
    Experts Are High on Cannabis Stocks' 2019 Prospects

Stock quotes in this article:
    tap
    stz
    acbff
    ko
    pep
    nsrgy
    cgc
    tlry
    The red-hot legal-cannabis market could have an even bigger year in 2019 than it did in 2018 as traditional companies see too much green in legalized pot to ignore. Experts say that as alcohol giants Molson Coors Brewing (TAP) and Constellation Brands (STZ) have already shown, the space is ripe for investment from traditional beer, spirits and other firms.

"I think [cannabis] is just too big of a category to ignore. I think all of the soft-drink companies will enter the category, just like alcohol companies," said J. Smoke Wallin of Vertical Cos., which helps cannabis companies with compliance, cultivation and retail/branding strategies.
    MORE........
    Experts Are High on Cannabis Stocks' 2019 Prospects

2. What a BOOM next day after starting this thread.... Get your head around this!

upload_2018-9-20_16-59-5.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have some in my Robinhood account. I should probably check it, it's been months lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. No screen shot it didn't happen.... lol We could have shorted TLRY today and banked huge coin or longed yesterday and made even more.. catching it at the right time is the key... trading it was halted 5 times yesterday...

5. It feels like another one has just passed me by.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Who'da thunk it? it's just a weed that grows wild...

• Like Like x 1
  7. While everyone is attempting to cash in on this new gold rush I'm just smokin my weed like

:vaping:

Is this the new normL?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ugh I’m sick. My buddy runs a short desk. Texts me hey, 80% of my book is TLRY! Might want to jump in some call options for the squeeze. Then puts when the buyers are gone. I was too busy working of course; never put a trade on & im disgusted. Lol timing is everything. I’m long ITHUF now for long term

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. most ppl are too busy "making a living" to really "MAKE IT"... you are in the majority... if you check the TLRY monthly chart it's very telling that closing candle... too many would be billionaires piled on, sadly some bot at the top and didn't get off... would you rather be one of those bag holders? lol

10. Looks like one helluva 'pump & dump' went on there recently...Glad I missed that one ! LOL

• Like Like x 1
  11. Timely article here...

Is a Marijuana Flash Crash Imminent?
    Pot stocks have been virtually unstoppable -- but we've seen this scenario play out before.

In approximately three and a half weeks, Canada will rewrite history. Following roughly nine decades of prohibition, recreational marijuana will officially go on sale in licensed dispensaries, as of Oct. 17. As Canada becomes the first industrialized country in the world to legalize adult-use pot, its cannabis companies are expected to soon be rolling in the dough. And it's this rapid increase in sales and profitability that has investors piling into pot stocks.

A number of intermediate- and long-term red flags are budding
    But make no mistake about it: Investing in the marijuana industry is far from a sure thing. In fact, the number of concerns that could derail this epic rally has been growing by the day.
    More......
    Is a Marijuana Flash Crash Imminent? -- The Motley Fool

• Like Like x 1
  12. My mom made like a cool $4000 on weed stocks this year

• Like Like x 1
  13. This old song keeps coming to mind...LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I'm still too scared of weed stocks...ESPECIALLY any of the US companies.
    With it all still technically illegal on a Federal level, The Feds could still decide they want to bankrupt any of these companies, anytime they want...And it would be the one I bought ! :devilish:

15. Best to err on the side of caution or day trade them imo... even an overnight swing trade is risky... on the other hand, some of us enjoy the volatility and don't expect to buy and hold... yet my feeling is that many are just doing the buy and hold thing hoping that the CA stocks soar in October when Canada opens it up... sadly many have lost money they couldn't afford to lose i think.... those looking for a get rich quick windfall often screw themselves in the process...

Much safer to short the pops than chase likely and strictly day trade... nothing wrong with a small core long at the right price to hold knowing you could lose it all if you don't stay on top of it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. XON which has been around forever involved in a variety of bio tech ventures surged yesterday.... a fermentation process? who'da thunk it? lol
    --------------------------------------------------------

BUDAPEST, Hungary, Sept. 24, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Intrexon Corporation (XON), a leader in the engineering and industrialization of biology to improve the quality of life and health of the planet, today announced advances in the development of its microbial platform to produce cannabinoids for medical uses. Through Intrexon's proprietary technologies, the Company has engineered a yeast strain to produce low-cost, robust and consistent cannabinoid outputs via fermentation. This process utilizing microbes has potential to provide greater supply-chain security, and avoids the resource-intensive isolation that often leads to quality and quantity variability in end products.

17. Short desks were charging a 750% premium on the locate. Had to know it was a squeeze coming with all the forced buy ins. Then the drop & a dead cat bounce. I’m really upset that I didn’t hit that one hard. Buy the calls, flip out then buy the puts & watch that sucker dive.

It’s ok...like you said, could’ve top ticked it. Then I’d be sitting here with a really sore ass. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yesterday was a good day to add a short on Nat. Gas as the 3x inverse DGAZ finally found support and popped today.... much more predictable than pot stocks at least for me but i've been watching and trading it for years... shorting the pops rarely ever long but for scalps...

19. Technical analysis guy huh?

20. Yes i have no time to study the fundamentals other than a few key items and financials and actually stopped doing that years ago... momentum, price action, timing, oscillators, certain stocks and commodities always cross above and below a couple of key moving averages...

lately i prefer trading a very few but studying their charts daily over weeks develop a feel for when to buy or sell... seems to reduce risk and increase odds of reward... TSLA is a breed of it's own cult stock though and i have only traded it a few times... bad news now could be a buying opp this week. lol for a short term flip not to hold for long.

• Like Like x 1