Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Touch and Go.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JohnLajoie, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Is it true when you touch weed that you absorb some of the THC in it? A buddy of mine urged me to stop rolling J's because i was wasting THC. Is that true?

2. No. Thats rediculus.

3. Maybe a tiny amout, but your going to lose just as much packing a bowl and it will not affect the high at all, it is nothing noticable

4. ya it is somewhat true, when you touch the bud, ur body does absorb the thc from those little hairs called titrochomes or w/e it is

Yah, and you should notice that when you finish rollin ur J...there ought to be little particles from the weed itself still on ur finger, thats the stuff that would be absorbed...sadly i dont believe you can get high just by holding the weed

its not a massive amount so just dont even worry about it

5. No that is not true at all. Joints actually burn the weed at a higher temperature than that of a bowl, so by rolling j's you get higher.

No THC is lost from touching it.

6. No, you can't absorb THC or any of the psychoactive chemicals in cannabis by touching it.

7. this is not true at all, i don't know anyone that will say you get higher from J's, as some of the smoke drifts into the air, you are inhaling a lower % of the bud smoke=less high :(

also, mind showing me where you got this info that J's burn hotter than bowls, i don't beleive this at all

8. Joints do waste some weed, in that they are less efficient than other methods - pipes, vapes, bongs, etc. But this has nothing to do with touching the weed, they are less efficient because so much smoke is burnt off when you're not hitting it, because they stay constantly lit. Touching your weed may knock off a few trichomes, but the difference will be negligible, you're never going to absorb enough THC through your skin from just handling buds for it to make a noticeable difference.

9. Not true, you do not absorb as much THC from joints as other method's of smoking. It burns at a higher temperature and smoke is always burning, wasted smoke that would not be burning into the air in a bowl, vaporizer etc etc..

10. Of course. If you start grabbing the bud in your hands and twisting it off and ripping it up you're destroying all of the fragile little trichrome heads. And you can and do absorb THC into your skin

Marijuana flowers are very delicate

11. you know...im sick and fucking tired of people posting completely false information like this.

12. If this was true then people would just rub their fingers in weed and get high. Imagine people trimming their plants and just gradually getting blazed. NO. :eek:

13. you can brush some kief off of it, and that loses some. You definitley won't absorb it into your skin though lol.

14. haha i kno that makes no sense, so many things affect the temperature of the scorched weed. how close the lighter is, how long and drawn out you inhale, if the lighter is a jet lighter. if anything joints are probably a bit cooler because you don't light everytime.

15. your skin absorbs the THC from the trichroms that rub off, but you dont get high from it...

16. ive heard of this. some people are so cautious(spellcheck?)
    they use tweasers to put there bud in the grinder and then tweasers to put it in a j wrap.
    if you ask me... waste of time

17. #17 WhosGotTheHerb, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
    This is definately true. I remember reading a high times a few years ago and it was an article about harvesting their crops. There was an excerpt that said, "I am buzzing real hard off just trimming these buds." or something like that. It definately can happen. Also when you finger your buds you can press your fingers together and feel the stickiness. This is the resin heads from all those crystals you saw. If you finger your buds enough or knock them around, they will definately not shimmer as much and the heads are where the good stuff is IMO. always try to grab the stems if at all possible i say. also about the joint, joints do waste herb because the cherry will allow the smoke to mainstream into the air when you are not hitting it. And I am not 100% sure but I highly doubt that a joint cherry burns any hotter, probably less hot, then using a bowl. if anything this heat would kill some of the THC cause too much heat can destroy it. Thats why vaporizers are so effecient.

Edit: also to the post that said if this were true then people would just finger there buds all the time, although it sounds like a good idea, it is not a very effecient way to get high and would take a lot more weed to get "high."

18. #18 420gamer4life, Jul 7, 2009
    No, your wrong, THC cannot be absorbed through the skin.

EDIT: let me rephrase that, THC cannot be absorbed through the skin by itself, there are lotions and tinctures that can help you absorb THC through the skin...

19. #19 WhosGotTheHerb, Jul 7, 2009
    Prove it then... cause I believe high times over you honestly.

Edit: alright I just did research and I believe you are right. You do need some kind of lotion or alcohol to help. I still believe it is possible but you would need a massive amount without help like you said. I dont know why high times would say that then though...

20. Well, can i see the article where the grower says this???

Most people will agree that you cannot get high from handling buds