Totara's LSD ScrOG coco grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Totara, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Really? Why does it look like 8 plants? I count 8 pots in a couple of pics up before you switched to flowering.

2. ^ Just 4 plants under the bottom photo. :)

3. #43 Totara, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2011
    Flower - Day 9 (Very first sign of hairs)

Nutes:- Canna @ 1.3-1.5ec
    PH:- 5.8
    Supplements: Fulvic acid + Last bit of H&G root stim.

100_2823.jpg

First sign of hairs! Though I'm going to give it another day or two before I can be sure each girl has engaged into flowering.

Luckily most of the screen is now filled, but I still have a few decent gaps left. I really don't want to be handling the bud sites once its in full flowering, so my plan is to allow them to grow through and then tie then down onto the screen to fix them in spots with spare space.

Also I'm trying out for the first time one of natures magic group of biochems, "fulvic acid.". Be interesting to see if I notice any benefits, I hope it helps with the uptake of micro nutrients & calcium. At least it helps lower the ph, though not substantially enough to use alone, so I've also had to adjust with phosphoric acid to get the solution close to 5.8.

4. #44 Totara, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
    Flower - day 19

Nutes:
    - H&G coco @ EC 1.5
    Temp:- 25-27c

The screens gone a bit crazy in the past week or so as the girls have really stretched their heads up as flowers start to form properly. Within the last week or so the girls have been super demanding as they have needed alot of attention, such as, repositing branches, tieing others down and pruning like mad. The amount of leaf material I've moved out of this grow is huge and still got an epic mission to finish it off yet.

It's certainly been alot of work and I know i could of put more work in, but its important to balance the time i spend on them and try not to over handle things. Over all the grow is looking pretty sweet and I'm happy with it so far. This Scrog business is awesome!

100_2840.jpg

Heres a wee gem forming. ;)

100_2844.jpg

5. #45 Totara, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    Flower - Day 25

Nutes:- H&G @ 1.5 ec
    Supplements:- Fulvic acid + calcium nitrate + magnesium sulphate

Welcome to my sea of mess!

I've got to the point where Im just about to let them grow wild from here on out. I think the screen is a little to "over crowded." But I believe im on track for an awesome yeild.

100_2845.jpg

100_2847.jpg

The wee buds smell like grape & mint, Yum. :)

6. So beautiful! Makes me want to go coco :D

7. #47 Totara, Nov 25, 2011
    ^ Thanks, growing in coco has been quite the adventure. :)

The real beauty of this grow is the strain, light & scrog setup combined. I can't comment whether it would be much different using hydro, but I can at least walk away for a few days with a peace of mind that nothing will go haywire. The 20L pots and long veg time was a must to achieve this many bud sites off 8 plants, I gather to compete with this coco setup in hydro, one may need 20L bubble buckets to grow a root system that would support a decent canopy. Though having all that water in one room would make me a little nervous.

Heres a few more pics I took.

100_2854.jpg

100_2852.jpg

8. Been showing Mrs Gid your scrog:hello:

Showing her what a real scrog in a reasonable sized tent rocks like:hello::p

Dont look the same in the tardis:smoke:

Your in for a fucking HUGE harvest mate, its not overcrowded, tis perfect!

Well done and + rep

Gid

9. #49 Totara, Nov 25, 2011
    ^ Thanks bro. :)

It's alot of work I must say for a scrog this size, I spend around 2-3hours a night in there. I'm getting a good tan going on from the lights, maybe I should start wearing sunscreen. :D

Using twisty ties has been real handy for repositioning any buds that shoot up above the rest and to maintain even spacing. There are that many bud sites, that I go to move one cola and it gets in the way of another. So its a juggling act to get them positioned evenly, but at least the huge advantage of having a screen is the many points for the buds to be tied down too. Scrog allows for alot of control, but also demands alot of finger work to get right.

Thanks again for the feedback, glad to hear it doesn't appear over crowded. There is very very little light that is escaping past the canopy onto the tent floor, so I have achieved a good photo synthetic potential here. My only real concern is mould, because there is a lack of airflow around the bud sites. Will have a keep a good eye on the humidity later on in the bloom cycle.

10. I noticed yesterday that what appears to be seeds growing at the very top of many of my buds...... How devastating. :(

Link to picture --> http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m...my-plant-started-hermie-false-seeds-pods.html

Any help would be appreciated, but if it is turned hermie this early into flowering (week 4) I think it could really cause alot of damage to the quality of the buds by the time it matures. I really can't afford to loose them, since i have so much at stake here..... I'm just hoping like hell they are just false seed pods or the seeding is kept to a minimum.

Not much I can do I feel, I discovered a very small light leak into my tent that I have now fixed, but once shes hermied, there is no going back right? No sign of any male flowers and I've looked for ages, but given how dense my canopy is, I'd say they would be very hard to spot.

11. Just a quick update-

The jurry is still out on me girls going hermi, but I think i overeacted. First I have looked for ages and ages and no sign of male banana's and from what I observed it's actually the start of the catylx's growing that swells and grows in the shape of a seed, which then opens up to grow out leaves. Also from what I understand the seeds don't simply grow out in the open, but instead grow inside the catylx. So from looking at the buds, it looks like there are seeds growing out in the open, which doesn't make sense to me. I get the feeling its just something my strain does in combination with high intensity light.

Anyhow, I have some beautiful, sweet smelling crystalline buds, they at that stage where the stretching and smelling like mad.

Will post up pics very soon, just wanted to give yas a heads up.

12. awesome grow, im sorry for what happened i saw your other thread. good luck and will def. keep watching

13. Bump.........

14. Hope you have a great Holiday Season Totara:wave:

15. Update? Must be well budding by now..

16. #56 Deleted member 963026, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2024