totaled my car due to drunk driver

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by gnarlyhash, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Well, I was on my way home from work around midnight, and 2 miles from my house i am literally pushed onto the upcoming  median by a big pick-up truck (I drive a Mazda3) and slammed directly into a light pole.
      The man was later found and arrested, so that's cool and all, but fuck man, I had just about been set up and ready to move out of my parents house and then this happens, the cars completely totalled. :mad: :mad: :cry: :angry: :( 

2. hit the pole going 40 mph

3. Awww, I'm really sorry that that happened to you. I'm glad you're alright though.

Do you think you won't be able to move out now? How long is your move out delayed?

• Like Like x 1
  4. That really sucks, man. But at least this occurred while you could afford it. Hopefully you'll be back on your feet and moving out in no time! :) Did the driver try fleeing the scene?

• Like Like x 2
  5.  thank you, I'm glad to be still livin' too
    moving out is definably going to be set back a bit, but hopefully no longer than a few months.

6. yes, he saw me crash as he looked back out his window, then sped off.

7. That is so classy. I'm glad he got caught.

My parents were in a head on collision on an interstate once. They tell me the story, show me the pictures, and I can't believe they survived. Then they tell me that the guy drove off and was never caught, despite having extensive damage done to his car and probably himself.

You're very lucky he was caught.

8. oh wow ! Thats intense, Thats so wonderful  your parents survived that though!

yeah im glad they caught that guy too.

9. Sue the drunk driver.

10. That is shitty and not the best thing that could happen but just be grateful you weren't hurt at all

• Like Like x 1
  11. i should

I don't know why you wouldn't want compensation.

I'd find a good lawyer and go for gold.

13. that's really shitty man I'm happy your OK thoe a lot of people don't get so lucky.

14. Go and celebrate life today by getting the best lawyer you can and suing the shit out of that jackass. Just for enough to replace your car though, you don't want to be a total dick.

And congrats on surviving, hopefully you don't have any injuries that develop, I think whiplash and stuff can take a couple days to surface.

• Like Like x 2
  15. well on the report written by the cop, it said it was a one car incident since mine  and the other driver's car never made contact.

16. So did he cut you off? What actually caused the crash?

17. Sue that fucker.

18. So how did he push you without making contact?  Did he use the force?

19. #19 Sciapodous, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
    What did he do get on your ass and you drove off the road in fear of him hitting you? If so I would say it's more your fault than his. He was probably wanting to get around you or get you to speed up and you drove off the road into a pole, he probably drove off laughing if you were going slow(his perspective).

20. damn dude.. ur supposed to tell the cops he rear ended u. in my state its automatically there fault... idk about ur state laws