Total Novice, Please Help

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by evakrk, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Please help!  I'm new to using this medicine for pain relief from autoimmune disease.  Friends and family members are NOT supportive.  I'm almost a total novice, and read about vapes because honestly I don't like smoking, the smell presents a huge problem since family is not supportive, and I don't really like the taste or smell to be honest, but the benefits are giving me so much relief.  I'm tired of hiding in the back yard and trying to cover the smell, etc.
    I need something small and discreet that will be used with dry herbs (don't even know where to get concentrates or oil or any of that).  I can't get a bigger model that will be hard to hide/explain in the house, so I'm thinking pen vape or something that can be small or handheld, and easy to hide!  Something that won't produce that telltale, very strong smell so I can use it in the comfort of my room.

Most products don't have reviews, or if they do, it just says "Great!  I love it!" and doesn't tell me anything about ease of use, smell, etc.

Can someone please help me figure out what to buy?
    Thank you!
    Eva

2. #2 Weeman1234, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
    I'd get a magic flight box. Portable, cheap and tastes great! They're like 80-120. Probly the best portable vape for the money

3. #4 TheWhiteLighter, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
    MFLB is a great portable once you get past the learning curve. Can't nor won't say anything about other portables but the MFLB does the trick for me for stealth while visiting family and on the go.

You should probably cruise this section:

http://forum.grasscity.com/vaporizers/

4. Do not get a Magic flight launch box I hated mine.. If you're an adult then you shouldn't care of thei ropinions because it's for medical us. Get a volcano or for more discrete smoking get a pax

5. For portability I would say a MFLB or a PAX. For an expensive table top, volcano. For a mid-range table top, arizer extreme or da bhudda. Snoop Doggy Dog (Snoop dogg) also brought out a new herb-pen-vaporizer, which I've been tempted to get but have not got around to. :smoking:

6. #7 TokeRandir, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
    I own both a pax and an mflb. I have to say that I'm more impressed by the performance of my MFLB and the long lasting power of my Pax. As far as smell unless you're sniffing the device itself, both leave little smell in the air, and you shouldn't have any trouble covering it up.
    The mflb: Heats up incredibly quick, no more than 5 seconds, and after a night of trying it out you'll get a handle on the learning curve. No temperature settings, but very rugged and will take a beating. Discrete while in use but tends to smell like bud after use though. The batteries aren't attached so if you run low on power, its easy to have another battery charged and ready for use. The rechargeable batteries WILL have to be replaced at some point, I just got a few off amazon when mine died out.
    The Pax: Built in rechargeable battery, has a charging stand, easy to understand control scheme. It has 3 temperature settings, takes 30 seconds to a minute to reach temperature. Also discrete because it looks similar to an iPod or MP3 player. People probably won't ask what it is if it's charging on your nightstand. The pax holds a charge for a while longer than the individual MFLB batteries but once the battery is dead you need to recharge from a wall or the optional car adapter.
    I like my mflb but sometimes it's a hassle to keep track of my batteries and figure out what is charged, what isn't, not letting the batteries over charge, etc. The pax is all fairly self contained so it's very portable. Overall I like my mflb more but that's because I have whip attachment to my bong. Hopefully this helps you make a decision though.

7. OP is looking for a discrete portable vape and the mflb is just that. It has a huge following and once you get the hang of it the mflb can be conservative, fast to produce vapor, and the smell will not be as potent as a conduction based vape such as the pax (one of the smelliest portables on the market).

ALL pen vapes combust aside from the t vape which is the only reputable reliable pen style vape for herbs on the market.

Now on to the OP if your two biggest concerns are discreteness and smell definitely look into a convection based vape such as the mflb, firefly, or solo. Also a butane powered vape that is portable, but a little on the larger side (comparable to the solo) is the hammer. The hammer is relatively inexpensive and provides good clouds with minimal herb as well as having an excellent heat up time.

8. Listen to Mr. Horsepower.   He KNOWS what he's talking about.

9. Ok well I gave my opinion because I hated the MFLB

10. Not trying to be confrontational in the least, but why didn't you like your mflb? Some people hate it others swear by it, so I'm just curious as to why you didn't like it?

Not everyone is going to like ANY vape, but in regards to the MFLB, most of those that end up "hating it" is due to user error. 

12. No I had it for years I just prefer the pax.

13. To be simple and honest I just didn't enjoy the way it hit.

14. To each his own. Glad you're enjoying your pax. The cleaning factor is what turned me off to that vape.