Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

TOTAL newbie

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BrookeE, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Hi!
    I'm a total newbie and have never tried any form in my life. I'm trying to control my anxiety and also battling with neck pain. I don't really want to smoke or vape, but I'm having trouble figuring out which edibles would be right for me. Help!! Thanks:)

2. Don't worry about being a newbie, our new president is too!

You just need to try one and see how it works for you. Start with a small portion/dose then go up from there. When you try one portion, wait till it wears off to understand the overall effect. Eating it makes the effect come on slow and last longer than smoking it. Overdoing it with edibles is easy to do and a ride you will probably not enjoy.

3. Start small and don't eat more too quick because "You aren't feeling it" Edibles take anywhere from 30 minutes - 2 hours to come on depending on your body. I would find something that is broken down into 5 mg pieces like the gummi candies, eat one, and see how you feel that night. If you don't think that worked, the next night take two and see how you feel that night. Up it by 5mg until you find what your right dosage should be. I know people who get wrecked off of 10 mg, but for me with my tolerance, I need at least 100 mg for any decent effect.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've been told that 10mg is a good starting dose for a newbie, but I've had friends for whom that was too much. Maybe start with 5 mg. Like lessthanjeezy said, don't be too quick to take more. I have had edibles take three hours to come on. I take 100-150-mg.Good luck!

• Like Like x 1